DEAR Point of Sale (POS) allows you to turn any mobile devices into a point of sale. List your product catalog, invite users, make sales, process returns, accept payments, update stock levels and more. Details of sales from DEAR POS are processed by DEAR Systems to be processed and to allocate stock for sale. Setting up DEAR POS takes place through the DEAR web portal.
DEAR POS provides advanced, multi-directional integration with DEAR Inventory. In general, the integration between DEAR POS and DEAR Inventory works in the following manner:
- Customers purchase goods in store via DEAR POS.
- DEAR POS sends the details of each sales order to DEAR Inventory.
- DEAR Inventory creates a pending order in the staging area for each sale. Stock is immediately allocated to sales.
- Depending on how DEAR Point of Sale is configured, pending sales can be converted to DEAR Inventory Sales Orders with stock, then written off from the inventory account.
Watch the DEAR POS video tutorial or follow the steps below to get started.
Once you have followed the Getting Started steps of configuring settings, adding outlets and registers, inviting users and listing products you can move on to the following articles:
- Connect payment processors and payment hardware: DEAR POS supports integration with Square, Linkly, Vantiv triPOS, Tyro and Paymentsense payment systems and hardware.
- Connect printers and barcode scanners: Connect barcode scanners and printers to your DEAR POS device.
- Set up Quick Keys: Within your register, you are able to add buttons called Quick Keys which enable you to quickly put through sales of your most popular products.
- Set up a Loyalty program: Let your customers earn currency to spend in your store every time they make a purchase. The aim of a loyalty program is to increase customer retention and provide you with valuable information about your customer base.
- Barcode features:
- Advanced barcodes: By default, DEAR POS is configured to use Product-based barcodes. DEAR POS can also handle advanced barcodes with embedded data, which are ideal for stores that sell products based on weight or price, e.g. butcher shops, delicatessens, and fruit stands.
- Additional/multiple barcodes: You may need to use additional or multiple barcodes for a product. This is not natively supported in DEAR, however, the additional attributes feature can be used to implement multiple scannable barcodes in POS.
Watch the DEAR POS video tutorial or follow the steps below to get started.
- Set up Accounts (required)
- Set up Users (required)
- Set up Products (required)
- Set up Tax Rules (required)
- Set up Locations (recommended).
- POS subscription
Table of Contents
- Add a new POS Store
- Set up locations, POS outlets and registers
- Invite users to your POS store
- List products in your POS Store
Set up a new POS Store
POS Stores are set up and managed from the Integrations module of DEAR. The first step is to set up a POS store for your organisation. POS is an add-on to the base subscription. Purchasing the add-on will unlock a POS store, outlet, and register. Additional POS registers can be purchased to add to the subscription, which can all belong to one store or store, or be distributed among multiple stores.
It is possible to link several POS stores to a single DEAR account, with each linked store having its own, catalog, logs and settings. At least one additional POS must be added to your base subscription to add another POS store.
- Navigate to Integrations → DEAR Point of Sale.
- Click the + icon to add a new POS point.
- Enter a name for your store and click Add new POS. A new tab will be created for the POS store. If you have already added POS points, you can click the tab of an existing POS point to configure its settings.
- Once a POS point has been chosen, proceed to the Setup tab and fill in all the required fields. See Integration settings below for an explanation of the fields or skip to the next section.
You can configure the integration settings for each POS store. Some settings can be further configured at the outlet/register level.
Capture POS Sale when it is:
Depending on your requirements, you can choose to capture POS sales when they are either created or completed (fully paid).
You are able to configure how pending POS Sales are processed in DEAR by using the Consolidation Type feature.
There are two modes:
- No consolidation: If the No Consolidation option is selected, all Walk-In/Cash Register sales will be created as individual Sale Orders in DEAR.
- Daily consolidation: If the Daily Consolidation method is selected, all POS Sales for the day will be pooled into a single Sale Order at a specified consolidation time.
Regardless of the selected consolidation method, On Account and Layby sales will always be created in DEAR as individual Sale Orders. This allows you to fulfil the orders and attach relevant payments when necessary.
This is the local time for consolidating all pending sales into a single sale order containing all sales that occurred during the day. This option is only visible when Consolidate sales: Daily consolidation is selected.
Select a default customer to be used in POS sale tasks when no customer info is available for the sale order or when the Daily consolidation option is selected. If the customer information exists in the POS sale order, the default customer defined in POS Settings is ignored.
- When No Consolidation is selected, the default customer may be used in cases where customer information is not attached to the POS sale order, e.g. walk-in sales.
- When Daily Consolidation is selected, the default customer is used to create a new sale task that will combine all daily sales into a single sale.
Sale Price Tier:
This setting determines which Product Price Tier (within DEAR Inventory) will be used when publishing products from DEAR to POS.
Default Sales Tax:
When a pending sale is processed in DEAR, a sale task is created with order and invoice lines completed. Select the tax rule that should be applied to sales coming from POS where sales tax applies. The default tax rule can still be overwritten within POS at the outlet level or during the sale itself.
Select the tax rule to be applied to a sale where no sales tax apples. The zero tax rule can still be overwritten within POS at the outlet level or during the sale itself.
DEAR allows tax rules to be added or deleted at the outlet level during the DEAR POS checkout process. When you add or delete a tax rule during checkout, the selected option in this field is applied to the product instead. However, this tax rule can still be edited or deleted.
Select whether POS sales are tax inclusive (this setting enabled) or tax exclusive (this setting disabled). Ensure that the POS tax inclusive/exclusive setting matches the pricing that has been set for your products in DEAR.
Pick, Pack and Ship Processing Mode:
This feature allows you to automate some or all of the Pick, Pack and Ship steps of the fulfilment process when a pending sale is converted into a sale order in DEAR. For example, POS sales where the stock is taken away immediately by the customer can be set to Auto Pick + Pack + Ship.
NOTE: If there is not enough stock on hand to allow pick of the whole quantity of products in a sale order, the Pick will remain in Draft State, and Pack and Ship will not be completed.
Process Auto-Assembly as:
This setting affects how sales of finished good products with auto-assembly enabled are processed. See Finished Goods Assembly - Auto assembly for more information.
This dropdown field has two options:
- For ordered quantity: Does not check stock quantity. An assembly order is created for the quantity specified in the sale order, regardless of stock availability.
- For minimum quantity required for picking:Assemble stock required to meet the quantity of specific sale order.
- If stock availability is negative, auto-assembly will produce a finished goods quantity which is more than the quantity ordered through sale order.
- If there is already stock available in inventory but not enough to fulfill the sale order quantity, auto-assembly will assemble the difference in quantity needed to meet the sale order requirement.
- If stock availability exceeds sale order quantity, auto-assembly is not triggered.
Stock availability is validated against the sale order location and does not take On Order quantity into account.
Check Availability on Checkout
When this setting is enabled, DEAR will perform an availability check during the POS checkout process. A confirmation message will appear informing the user if the item is no longer in stock. When turned off, no check is performed.
Customers load mode
This setting determines how customer data is loaded to the POS application. There are three options:
- Online: In online mode customer data is not sent to the application. POS will retrieve customer information when a request is made, e.g. looking up a customer.
- Offline: In offline mode, all customers are loaded to the POS application local app storage. When online, POS will check periodically for new customers.
- Hybrid: This will use offline mode when there are less than 10 000 customers but online mode when the number of customers exceeds the threshold. This mode is applied automatically to all new stores.
NOTE: Hybrid mode is applied by default to all new shops. Online mode will be applied to new stores with more than 10 000 customers once the customer number is checked for the first time. Offline mode is applied to all existing stores, no matter how many customers they have.
Payment workflow order: Users can specify whether payment amount or payment method is required first on the payment screen of an order. When payment amount is specified first, selecting the payment method completes the sale without allowing further editing of the payment amount.
Account & Cash settings
NOTE: Accounts can be set at the POS Store level and at the outlet level. You may need to add more accounts to your chart of accounts to configure these settings. See Accounts and Chart of Accounts for more information about adding accounts, and consult your bookkeeper if necessary.
You can control the invoice status for a sale task created as a result of processing a pending sale from POS.
By default, the Invoice will not be authorised and will be in a Draft state, adjustable and waiting for authorisation. But if this setting is changed to AUTHORISED, the invoice will be automatically authorised and pending sync will be created for it so that it can synchronise with your accounting application.
Till discrepancy account:
This Current Asset account will be used to track the differences between the amount expected when you close your register and the amount you count. This can be overridden at the register level.
This Expense account will be used to post any petty cash amounts taken or added into your cash drawer for any small expenses in your store. This can be overridden at the register level.
This account should be a Current Asset and will serve as a clearing account when cash is put in or taken out of the till. Amounts coming in/out of this account will be reconciled against bank or wage accounts. This can be overridden at the Rregister level.
Cash Float Account:
This account should be a Current Asset and will be used to post your daily float and any float adjustments that were made during the day. This can be overridden at the register level.
This Revenue account will be used for rounding differences for amounts owed to the nearest specified increment based on your chosen rounding rule.
Pick the cash rounding denomination based on the regulations of your country/currency. You can choose from the nearest 0.01, 0.05, 0.10, 0.50 or 1.00.
You will need to specify your rounding rule. This rule determines how your chosen denomination is rounded in a cash sale. You can choose from always round down, always round up, round midpoint down or round midpoint up.
Optional Revenue Account
The Revenue Account to be used for all POS sales. If this is set, the settings at the Product/Customer level and Account Mapping will be ignored.
Use as Sales Representative
Fill in this field with the name of a Sales Representative to be specified for sales captured by DEAR from POS. Default options are Outlet name and Cashier name.
Select a default receipt template to be used across your POS Store. You can also configure which receipt template is set at the outlet level. Templates are accessed and customised from Settings → Document & Email templates. See Managing Document and Email Templates for more information.
Toggle the button to Yes to turn loyalty on. Loyalty is a feature where your customers earn dollars for every purchase they make in your store. See Setting up and using Loyalty in DEAR POS for more information.
Loyalty Expense Account
When Enable Loyalty is toggled to Yes (see above), you'll need to select where in DEAR to post the loyalty expenses. If you are not sure where to set this account up in the Chart of Accounts, or which codes to use, contact your accountant.
When Enable Loyalty is toggled to Yes (see above), you need to enter the amount a customer needs to spend to earn $1 in the currency applicable to your country.
Default user's password
Set a default password that will be used by users to access DEAR POS for the first time when you invite them. Upon accessing POS for the first time, they will be prompted to reset their password to their own unique one. See Access the POS Store for more information.
This is the default email address for your account. It is used when sending sales documents to your customers.
Toggle this button to Yes to enable a PIN to be set for the POS point, or POS terminals, if you have multiple locations.
PIN code Length
Set the desired length of the PIN code to be set for the POS point/terminals.
Enable Auto Lock
Set the POS application to be locked out after a certain amount of idle time has passed to prevent unauthorised use of the POS application.
- If the Enable PIN setting is active, the lock screen will prompt the user to enter their security PIN.
- If Enable PIN is not active, the user will need to login again with their email and password.
Auto Lock After (seconds)
If Enable Auto Lock is active, this setting will be displayed, allowing you to configure how much idle time is required before the POS application is locked automatically.
You can connect the following payment processors and hardware with your POS store. Follow the links for detailed instructions on how to set up each payment processor. You will then need to enable the payment processor in this section before you can accept payments.
- Square (Square must be enabled at the outlet-level, not here - see documentation)
- Vantiv triPOS
Toggle this button to Yes if you are using a Tyro eftPOS terminal at your POS point, or Tyro eftPOS terminals in your outlets, if applicable. See Tyro integration for more information.
Use Vantiv triPOS
Toggle this button to Yes if you are using Vantiv triPOS payment processing solutions for the POS point. See Vantiv triPOS integration for more information.
Toggle this button to Yes if you are accepting Paymentsense card payment solutions for the POS point. See Paymentsense integration for more information.
Use Linkly Cloud
Toggle this button to Yes if you are accepting Linkly Cloud card payment solutions for the POS point. See Linkly Cloud integration for more information.
Use LoyaltyLion Rewards
Toggle this button to Yes if you are want to use the LoyaltyLion loyalty program instead of DEAR's own loyalty system. This setting is only visible when LoyaltyLion integration has been connected. This will automatically disable and remove the DEAR loyalty program setting from the setup tab. See LoyaltyLion Integration for POS for more information.
POS UI Settings
Select the default catalog size that will be applied to all registers. This controls how many rows and columns of product tiles will be displayed on the screen. This can be overridden at the register level.
Select the default view of the product tiles. Available options are Image & Text, Image, and Text.
Product availability icon
Toggle this button to Yes to show the product availability icon on the product tile.
Surcharge tax rule
Select a surcharge tax rule to be applied to payment method surcharges. See Surcharges for more information.
Use Customer Price Tier
This setting overwrites the Sales Price Tier value for POS. If Use Customer Price Tier is toggled to Yes, then the customer price tier will be applied in DEAR POS item sale (if the sale is created for the specified customer). If Use Customer Price Tier is toggled to No, the regular price tier will be applied to sales in DEAR POS, even if a customer is selected.
Use Advanced Barcodes
By default, DEAR POS is configured to use Product-based barcodes. DEAR POS can also handle advanced barcodes with embedded data, which are ideal for stores that sell products based on weight or price, e.g. butcher shops, delicatessens, and fruit stands. DEAR supports the following barcode types:
- Product based: Barcode is input at the product setup level and only contains the product code. There will be no additional information retrieved through reading this type of barcode, barcode is used to lookup item only. Product quantity is entered manually by the cashier during checkout and price would be determined based on the entered qty and price per unit as per the product setup.
- GS1 based:These are standard barcodes used in retail stores worldwide and capable of holding additional product attributes such as weight and price.
- UPCA codes which start with 2 and are twelve digits in length
- EAN 13 codes which start with 2 and are thirteen digits in length
- Weight based: Barcode consists of product code/outlet SKU, then the weight information. Typically these are generated by a third party weight scale. DEAR POS reads these barcodes at the check out and retrieves product price information based on the weight given on the barcode.
- Price based: Barcode consists of product code/ outlet SKU and product price. DEAR POS reads the barcode to calculate the quantity or weight based on the barcode price during checkout in order to determine the quantity that must be reduced from the inventory.
When you change this setting, the Barcode setup tab on the DEAR POS Integration page is enabled. This tab is where you configure your barcodes. See Advanced barcodes for more information.
POS report templates
Closure register report:
Select a default Closure Register Report template to be used across your POS store. Templates are accessed, added and customised from Settings → Document & Email templates. See Managing Document and Email Templates for more information.
Link POS payment methods to payment accounts
DEAR captures payments made against sales in POS and is able to automatically add payments to created sale tasks (only in No Consolidation mode). If you want DEAR to create these payments, you need to map an account from the Chart of Accounts that has the ability to receive payments. If accounts are not mapped, payments will not be created automatically.
Make sure that you have an account in DEAR for each payment method in POS (Cash, Loyalty, Credit Card, Store Credits, On Account and Lay-by) and any additional custom payment methods. This way, the payment will be automatically allocated to the appropriate account. Surcharges can be applied to the Credit Card payment method or any custom payment methods.
Payment method mappings can also be set at the outlet level. If no outlet level payment method mapping is specified, the default payment method mapping is applied. See Set up Outlets for more information. Cash account can also be set at the Register level.
Disconnect from your POS store
When you disconnect from your POS store, DEAR removes all associations between DEAR and POS Store, including Log and Product Catalog. Take care when disconnecting from your shop.
Set cash payment denominations
Bank note denominations of the chosen currency are displayed on the POS register so cashiers can quickly enter cash payments. Depending on your base currency, the bank note denominations may already provided by DEAR. Check the bank note denominations are correct and add any missing denominations before starting to make sales with DEAR POS.
- Go to Integrations → POS → Cash payment setup
- Use + Denomination to add any missing bank note denominations.
- Save to finish.
Enter reasons for adding/removing cash from a register
When using the DEAR POS app, cash may need to be added or removed from a register. DEAR allows you to provide default cash management reasons which can be selected when adding or removing cash. It is also possible to enter a custom reason when adding or removing cash.
- Go to Integrations → POS → Cash Reasons
- Use + Reason to add any cash management reasons.
- Save to finish.
Configure payment processors
You can connect the following payment processors and hardware with your POS store. Follow the links for detailed instructions on how to set up each payment processor.
Set up locations, POS outlets and registers
Set up locations and outlets
For businesses that are operating from multiple locations, setting up outlets will help manage inventory and track sales effectively from every location. You can have one POS store outlet per location. If you have multiple POS stores, each store can have one outlet per location.
You can only add an outlet for a Location that is already added to your Reference Books. See Locations for more information about adding and configuring your organisation's locations if necessary.
- Navigate to Integrations → Point of Sale (DEAR) → [store name] → Outlets setup tab.
- In the Outlets column, click + New or select the location where you want to add your outlet.
- Fill in the details of your outlet. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
- Active: When an outlet is set to inactive, it can no longer be used or accessed by users.
- Outlet name*: Name of the outlet.
- Outlet location*: DEAR Location where outlet stock is picked from.
- Default sales tax: Tax rule to apply to sales from this outlet. If left blank, sales tax specified in the Setup tab will be applied to all sales from this outlet.
- Cash account: If the Cash payment method has been overridden at the outlet level (see Link payment methods to payment accounts on outlet level), the payment account will appear here. If left blank, the cash account specified in the Setup tab will be used for this outlet.
- Receipt template: Select a receipt template to be used for this outlet. If left blank, the receipt template specified in the Setup tab will be used.
- Square integration to process returns: Select a Square integration to process POS payments and returns.
- Print notes: Print notes on the sale receipt.
- Print discounts: Print discounts on the sale receipt.
- Surcharge tax rule: Select a surcharge tax rule to be applied to payment method surcharges on sales for this outlet. If left blank, surcharge tax rule specified in the Setup tab for the POS store will be applied.
Link payment methods to payment accounts on outlet level
With this option you can override existing payment method account mapping on the Setup tab at the outlet level. Click this to open a popup window where you can enter the payment method name and select a different payment account.
If the payment method name entered matches a payment method name from the Setup tab (Default methods: Cash, Loyalty, Credit Card, Store credits, Layby; any custom payment methods), it will override the default payment account mapping. If the payment method name entered does not match a payment name from the Setup tab, it will be entered as a new custom payment method for this outlet.
E.g. Here, Cash and Credit Card payment method names matches payment method names on the Setup tab, the payment account will override the default. Bank Transfer does not match a name on the Setup tab, and will be entered as a new custom payment method for the outlet.
Set product outlet level SKUs for advanced barcodes
If you have selected GS1 based, Weight based or Price based barcodes in your integration settings, you will need to add product outlet level SKUs so your barcodes can be read correctly unless the product level SKU is configured to support the advanced barcode setup. See Advanced barcodes for more information.
To run DEAR POS on multiple devices in the same store, you need to add as many registers to the outlet as there are devices you wish to use for POS. Several settings can be configured at the register level.
- Navigate to Integrations → Point of Sale (DEAR) → [store name] → Outlets setup tab.
- In the Outlet Details column, click + New to add a register. Existing registers will be listed at the top of the outlet details column, clicking a register icon will open its details.
- Fill in the details of your register.
- Active: When a register is set to inactive, it can no longer be used or accessed by users.
- Name: Enter a name for the register.
- Cash account: Asset account with ability to accept payments. If left blank, cash account specified at Outlet level or in the Setup tab will be applied to the register.
- Receipt template: Select a receipt template to be used for this outlet. If left blank, the receipt template specified in the Setup tab will be used.
- Till discrepancy: Current asset account for till discrepancy. If left blank, till discrepancy account specified in the Setup tab will be applied to the register.
- Petty cash: Expense account for petty cash. If left blank, petty cash account specified in the Setup tab will be applied to the register.
- Cash in/out: Current Asset account serve as a clearing account when cash is put in or taken out of the till. Amounts coming in/out of this account will be reconciled against bank or wage accounts. If left blank, cash in/out account specified in the Setup tab will be applied to the register.
- Cash float: Current asset account used to post your daily float and float adjustments. If left blank, till discrepancy account specified in the Setup tab will be applied to the register.
- Receipt prefix: Add an optional prefix to the receipt to identify the register.
- Receipt suffix: Add an optional suffix to the receipt to identify the register.
- Quick Key: Add Quick Keys to enable you to quickly put through sales of your most popular products.
- Catalog Size: Select the catalog size that will be applied to the register. This controls how many rows and columns of product tiles will be displayed on the screen. If left blank, catalog size specified in the Setup tab will be applied to the register.
- Tiles visibility: Select the default view of the product tiles. If left blank, tile visibility specified in the Setup tab will be applied to the register.
- Product availability icon: Toggle this button to turn on/off the product availability icon on the product tile. This overrides the option specified in the Setup tab.
Invite Users to your POS store
Users must be invited to your POS store before they can log in and sell your products.
- Navigate to the Users tab.
- Click + New User and select the new user to give access to the POS.
- Choose the appropriate role, Administrator, Cashier or Manager, for the user.
- Administrators have access to Reports (accessed from POS application) for all outlets in a POS Store.
- Managers have access to Reports for the outlets that they are assigned too.
- Cashiers do not have access to Reports.
- You can give the user access to all outlets or limit them to selected outlets only. Click the Outlet field to open the dropdown menu and click to select/deselect an outlet. Multiple outlets can be selected per user.
- Next, you can set user permissions for each user by checking/unchecking the relevant boxes.
- You can optionally add User Images for each user from this screen.
- Repeat Steps 2-7 to add more users if required. Invited users will receive an email notification with instructions on accessing the POS store and setting their password.
The following user permissions are available for POS users:
- Can give discount: Give discounts from the sales register.
- Can change price: Change item price from the sales register.
- Can sell on account: Allow customer to take goods with payment received at a later date.
- Can carry out lay-by sale: Hold goods for a customer until payment is received at a later date.
- Can see dashboard: View POS dashboard showing Revenue, Sales Count, Customer Count, etc.
- Can see all sales: Search for sales made through other channels (DEAR web portal or other sales channels through DEAR) by invoice number, customer, or sale order number.
- Can see all scheduled deliveries: View scheduled deliveries list when scheduling deliveries to customers from POS stores.
- Can view stock value: View stock value in Inventory Reports (sum of purchase price of all units of one SKU).
- Can view item value: View item value in Inventory Reports (purchase price of a single unit of one SKU). Average cost for each item is also visible on the POS sales register for users with this permission enabled.
- Can void sales: Cancel sales and all associated payments and transactions and remove sale data from internal reports.
- Make sale representative mandatory: When this is enabled, users must add a sales representatives to the sale to be able to complete the sale.
NOTE: Users added via POS application have all permissions disabled by default. A user will need to access the DEAR web portal to set permissions for users added via POS.
List products in your POS store
Products in your inventory must be listed on your POS store before they can be sold to customers through the POS interface. Products must already be created in DEAR before they can be listed. See Products and Service Management for more details about creating products.
Products can be listed one by one or in bulk to save time.
NOTE: Once the products have been listed, the Inventory List will show Available quantity instead of Stock on Hand quantity.
List individual products from the catalog
Products can be listed individually from the Catalog tab of the POS integration.
- Go to Integrations → POS → Catalog.
- Click on a product to open a popup window and click List on DEAR POS to change the product's status. If you are using a loyalty program, you can enter the number of loyalty points earned by a sale of the product here.
- The status of the product will now be changed to Listed on the Catalog tab.
- To unlist a product from your store, click the product and click Remove from POS to change the status back to Not Listed.
Bulk listing products
Products can also be listed in bulk to save time from the Bulk Listing tab of the POS integration.
- Go to Integrations → POS → Bulk Listing.
- Filter the products by Category, Brand, Family, Product Tag, Listing Status, and/or Products Listed in (another channel or store - connected sales channels will be listed here).
- Click List to bulk list the selected products.
- To unlist products in bulk from your store, filter the products and click Unlist or Unlink to change the status back to Not Listed.
List a product from the product detail page
Products can also be listed on your POS store from their product detail page.
- Go to Inventory → Products → [selected product].
- Select the Channels tab.
- Look for the POS store where you want to list the item and select List to list the product.
- To unlist the product from your store, simply click Remove to change the status back to Not Listed.
Walk-in/Cash register sales made in your POS outlets are immediately viewable as pending orders from the Sales tab on the DEAR POS Integration page.
NOTE: This section covers how sales are processed and viewed through the DEAR web portal. For information about making a sale in DEAR POS, see...
Process Sales into a Single Sales Order
If the consolidation mode is set to No Consolidation, click the Process button on the top right to immediately process sales into a single sales order. Even if your consolidation mode is set to Daily Consolidation, you can also use this option ahead of the designated consolidation time.
Refresh the Sales Page
If for some reason walk-in/cash register sales are not immediately shown on DEAR, click the Refresh button.
Manually Load Sales from POS Outlets
If refreshing the page does not work, click the Load Sales button to display the Load Sales from POS window.
By default, the Load Sales from POS window loads all sales from the current date. You may change this to another date before clicking the Load from POS button. Do not close the window while the process is running, which might take time if there are a large number of sales.
Sales statistics from each store, a list of the most recent sales, and POS customers can be viewed from the Overview tab. Go to Integrations → POS and click the Overview tab.
The view can be changed from All stores to individual stores from the lefthand menu.
The Sales tab shows a list of the most recent sales from a POS store, or all of the connected POS stores. Clicking the document reference number takes the user directly to the sale in DEAR.
The Customers tab shows customers of a POS store or all of the connected POS stores and their total sales and amount spent in store.
Sales which have been downloaded successfully to DEAR can be seen in the log. Clicking the link takes you to the sale order for that sale.