DEAR POS offers a simple, easy-to-use Loyalty system where your customers earn dollars to spend in your store every time they make a purchase.
The aim of a loyalty program is to increase customer retention and provide you with valuable information about your customer base.
- At least one POS register added to your base subscription
- See DEAR POS - Getting Started and Information
- Set up an expense account for customer loyalty transactions
Table of Contents
- Configure Loyalty settings
- Customise Loyalty
- Using Loyalty
Configure Loyalty Settings
Loyalty is enabled and configured through the DEAR web interface.
- Navigate to Integrations → Dear POS.
- Click the Setup tab and scroll to Account & Cash settings.
- Check Enable loyalty, then select an expense account for customer loyalty program transactions.
- Enter an Earning Loyalty. This corresponds to how much the customer has to spend to earn $1 (or one unit of your business's base currency).
- Click Save.
All products in your store will be automatically allocated the Earning Loyalty amount specified in the Setup tab. e.g. by default, the customer has to spend $20 to earn $1 of loyalty.
You can choose to customise the loyalty amount on certain products. This allows you to set higher or lower loyalty amounts on selected products.
Customise loyalty for individual products:
- Click the Catalog tab.
- Select the product you wish to customise.
- Enter the Earning Loyalty amount for that product.
- Click Save.
Loyalty amounts will be earned on all sales to eligible customers. Your customers can redeem their loyalty on any products in your store.
Each time a customer makes a purchase, their receipt will include the Loyalty they earn as well as the total Loyalty balance available for use when making a purchase.
Partial payments with Loyalty
If a customer pays for part of their purchase with Loyalty, they will earn Loyalty on a percentage of the sale.
For example, if 25% of a sale was paid with Loyalty, the customer will earn Loyalty on the remaining 75% of the sale only. Let's use the following as an example.
A customer's total purchase amounts to $60. The customer pays 25% of the sale with Loyalty ($15) and 75% with their own money ($45). This will mean that they will not earn loyalty points on the entire sale ($60). Rather, they will earn Loyalty on the sale that they have paid with their own money ($45). If customers earn 10% of the sale amount as loyalty, the customer earns $4.50 of Loyalty for the $60 purchase.
Loyalty and discounts
When you discount a product in a sale, Loyalty will be earned on the sale price, not the full price.
For example, if a product's full price is $12 and it is on sale at $6, loyalty will be earned on the $6, rather than the full $12.
Customers can pay with Loyalty by simply selecting the Loyalty Button when making a purchase. A customer must be added to the sale in order to pay with loyalty Customers can choose to:
- Pay the entire purchase with Loyalty.
- Pay part of the sale with Loyalty.
If the customer does not have enough Loyalty to pay for the sale, a message will appear asking the customer if they would like to make a partial loyalty payment.
The customer can click Continue and then choose another payment method to finalise the balance.
Returns and Loyalty
When you return a product, the loyalty amount associated with that item will be removed from the customer's account.
Turn Loyalty Off for a Customer
Although customers are automatically signed up to your Loyalty Program, you can manually disable customers from earning Loyalty points.
- On DEAR POS, open the side panel on the left and click Customers.
- From the list, select the customer you would like to view.
- Slide the toggle to disable Loyalty.
- Tap Save to apply the changes.
NOTE: If the Customer Loyalty option is disabled within the DEAR POS setup page, any historical information attributed to the loyalty program will not be visible within DEAR POS.