Work Centres define the area where a production operation takes place within the business (for example, a specific workshop, room or section of the shop floor). All components for a production operation should be delivered to the work centre in order for the production operation to begin picking.
- Set up Locations and Bins
Table of Contents
Add a Work Centre
Work Centre can be set up in Settings of the Production module: Main Menu → Production → Settings → Work Centres.
- Click the + button to add a new work centre.
- Enter a unique Work Centre Code.
- Enter the Work Centre Name.
- Select whether the work centre is operational/non-operational.
- Save your changes.
- After saving a work centre, you can click the empty field in the Deliver components to column to assign a bin to the work centre.
- Work Centre names, codes and operational status can be edited by clicking on the corresponding work centre field.
In order to delete a Work Centre, click on the delete sign next to the entry.
NOTE: Work Centres can only be deleted if they have not been used in any operations. If they have been used, they can be deprecated, which removes them as a selection option. Alternatively, you can undo transactions using that Work Centre in order to delete it completely.
Specify a Bin for the Work Centre
Bins are used to specify where the stock is stored within a location. For a production work centre, bins define where the components should be brought in order to start a production operation. For example, a sewing work centre would require fabric to be brought to the assigned bin.
NOTE: If a bin is not defined for the work centre, components for that work centre will be delivered to the default Shop Floor location.
- Click the Deliver components to field for a work centre or go to Settings → Reference Books → Locations → Bins and select the Shop Floor location from the drop-down list.
- Click the + button to assign a work centre to the bin. One bin can be connected to multiple work centres, but each work centre can only be connected to one bin per Shop Floor location.
- Save your changes.
- The Deliver components to field for your work centre will now contain the assigned bin.