Reports can be run daily, weekly or monthly, and sent to those who need them directly from within the Automation module.
NOTE: Access to the Automation module requires adding a subscription to the module to your DEAR Inventory paid plan. See Adding Trials of the POS, B2B, API and Automation Modules to Paid Plans for more information.
- Purchase Automation module subscription (required)
- Set up Mailing Lists (required)
Scheduling a Report:
- Navigate to Settings -> Automation.
- Click Report Scheduling.
- On the Scheduled Reports page, click the + button on the top left.
- In the New Scheduled Report wizard, toggle the Active button to Yes, then select the report to be scheduled from the list. Select a name for your report to distinguish it from other scheduled reports of the same type.
- Click Next.
- The next page of the wizard is Layout & Period. Layout options are determined by layouts you have configured in the report screen. At a minimum, you will be asked to select a report Period. Some more complex reports will also prompt you to select other parameters that are necessary to run the report correctly.
- Click Next.
- On the next page of the New Scheduled Report wizard, select the start date, frequency (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly or custom), report format (PDF, RPT, and Excel with totals or without totals) and the mailing list to which the report will be sent.
- Click Save.