DEAR offers the integration of eBay withyour DEAR inventory account. Via this integration you will be able to automatically update Stock levels from DEAR to eBay, have Inventory costs and movements synced to your accounting application and have centralised inventory management for all channels.
NOTE: When a refund is processed for an unfulfilled sale, this will cause an error with restocking the unfulfilled items. These will appear on the Log as Pending fulfillment. If you are experiencing this error, you will need to enable the Ignore restock for non-fulfilled sales setting. This setting is not enabled automatically in order to preserve system logic continuity for users.
- Familiarity with the Processing a Sale process (necessary)
- Users will need the Integration: eCommerce - eBay permission in order to use this feature.
Table of Contents
- Important Information (Disclaimer)
- eBay Integration Setup
- Orders and Sales
- Operations Log
Important Information (Disclaimer)
If you are currently using another eBay inventory management or re-listing service it should be disabled to avoid duplication errors.
NOTE: DEAR only supports Fixed-Price listings. No auctions are supported.
NOTE: Some eBay sites, for example, the Philippines are very different from eBay in the US, AU & EU zones. Due to this, some stores are not compatible with DEAR and are excluded from the list of available eBay stores for connection until/if the eBay UI is updated.
In order for DEAR to download your products and track inventory, your listings and any variations must include SKUs (these are known as Custom Labels in some eBay stores).
To avoid any errors we strongly recommend that products on eBay should have the following criteria:
- Products listed on eBay should the following option switched on: Duration Good Till Canceled (GTC).
- In account preference Out-of-stock option selected.
With these options enabled DEAR will successfully update stock quantities in eBay.
Benefits of Integration
- Stock levels automatically update from DEAR to eBay
- Inventory costs and movements synced to your accounting application
- Centralised inventory management for all channels
Sale orders, product details, customer contacts and payments are downloaded from eBay to DEAR. Item quantities are uploaded to eBay, keeping track of inventory.
Products can now be published to eBay from DEAR.
Payments, Returns and Refunds are also supported.
Once the integration has been established, DEAR will download products from eBay, each sale order from eBay will be captured and sent to Pending Sales in DEAR and have stock allocated. They will then be processed into actual sale orders, either individually or once a day, depending on your sale order consolidation settings. Stock level changes are then pushed from DEAR to eBay (or other connected sales channels) if this optional setting has been enabled. Payments are automatically applied to orders captured from eBay.
eBay Integration Setup
First you must connect DEAR to your eBay store.
It is possible to link several eBay stores to a single DEAR account. Each linked store has independent catalog, logs and settings. DEAR provides two free external integrations with the standard subscription plan, however, additional external integrations must be purchased from the My Subscription page.
To connect eBay to DEAR:
- Navigate to Integration → eBay
- Click the + to connect a new store.
- Select your eBay country from the dropdown menu and click Connect to eBay.
- You will be redirected to the eBay login screen. Enter your details and continue.
- You will be asked to confirm sharing data between eBay and DEAR. Click Agree to continue.
- You will be directed back to DEAR to complete the setup.
- Repeat these steps to connect as many eBay stores as you require
In the Setup tab, several integration settings can be customised.
DEAR - eBay Integration allows two options for order consolidation.
No Consolidation indicates that sales will be captured from eBay as they occur. Daily Consolidation will consolidate all orders from that day into a single order. When Daily Consolidation is chosen, an additional setting becomes available: Consolidation Time. This is your local time when all pending orders aggregated during the day will be processed.
See Pending Order Processing section for more details below.
For the pending order processing to be successful, an existing customer must be selected.
- When Consolidation Type is Daily Consolidation, this customer is used to create a new sale task which will combine all daily sales. A customer can be created just for this purpose.
- When No Consolidation is selected, DEAR uses the customer company name as the customer name, unless the company name was not specified. In this case customer contact name is used instead.
Map your eBay listings (products) prices to DEAR price tiers. Only one price tier can be chosen per eBay store. See Managing Price Tiers for more information.
eBay does not allow use of multiple warehouses. Each eBay store can have a dedicated Location within DEAR which can be selected from the drop down menu. Selecting a particular warehouse will limit the availability of stock in eBay to that location. The default option, All Locations, will display consolidated stock quantities across all of your locations.
Pick, Pack and Ship Processing Mode
When pending orders are processed by DEAR new sale tasks are created. This setting tells DEAR if it should try to Auto Pick, Auto Pack and Auto Ship these tasks. If there is not enough stock on hand to pick the full quantity of products in an order, then pick will remain in Draft state and Pack and Ship won’t be completed.
DEAR does not pick up shipment information from eBay if auto-ship is selected and will not create fulfilment in eBay in this scenario (if Auto Ship is enabled).
Ignore Restock for non-fulfilled sales
When a refund is processed for an unfulfilled sale, this will cause an error with restocking the unfulfilled items. These will appear on the Log as Pending fulfillment. If you are experiencing this error, you will need to enable this setting. Restock/stock allocation quantities will be edited to match the fulfilled items of the sale.
Process Auto-Assembly as
This dropdown field has two options:
- For ordered quantity: Does not check stock quantity. An assembly order is created for the quantity specified in the sale order, regardless of stock availability.
- For minimum quantity required for picking:Assemble stock required to meet the quantity of specific sale order.
- If stock availability is negative, auto-assembly will produce a finished goods quantity which is more than the quantity ordered through sale order.
- If there is already stock available in inventory but not enough to fulfill the sale order quantity, auto-assembly will assemble the difference in quantity needed to meet the sale order requirement.
- If stock availability exceeds sale order quantity, auto-assembly is not triggered.
Stock availability is validated against the sale order location and does not take On Order quantity into account.
You can control Invoice Status for Sale tasks created as a result of pending order processing. By default, Invoice will not be authorised and will be in Draft state, adjustable and waiting for authorisation. However if this setting is changed to AUTHORISED the invoice will be automatically authorised and pending sync will be created for it to sync with accounting application of your choice.
Optional revenue account
Revenue account to be used for all sales downloaded from eBay. This will override settings at the Product/Customer level and any other Account mapping.
Sales Representative Name
This option allows the shop name to be used as Sales Representative. It is useful if you have several shops so as not to cause confusion. If this option is left blank, marketplace abbreviation will be used instead.
Option to choose automatic mapping by SKU or manual mapping by the user when products are downloaded from eBay (Load Products on the Catalog tab of the eBay integration). When automatic mapping is selected, the existing product will be searched for automatically by SKU, and if a product is found with a matching SKU, then the mapping is done automatically. When manual mapping is selected, the user will have to manually select which DEAR products to link to via the Catalog tab. Manual mapping can still be preformed even if automatic mapping is enabled. See Catalog for more information.
Create new product if not found by SKU
This option is only available when Match product by SKU is enabled. With this option enabled, if there is a product (SKU) in the Sale channel that does not yet exist in DEAR, then this product can be automatically built in DEAR based on the data received about the product from a Sale channel. The possibility of a manual build is still always available through the DEAR UI.
Use eBay as Master Source for DEAR Products
If this option is enabled, if a product has been changed or updated in eBay, the linked product in DEAR will be changed to match upon catalog download. Product changes in DEAR can include changed price, name, weight, length, pictures, and other data (except SKU) based on the product data downloaded from eBay. Be aware! Turning on this feature can damage your product data in DEAR.
Update Stock Levels in eBay
You may choose to disable automatic stock level update in eBay performed by DEAR at the time available product quantity changes in DEAR. This may be useful if you are managing stock level in eBay manually and do not want DEAR to change it. Please ensure you have the correct stock quantities entered in DEAR before you turn on this option as these values will override the stock quantities in eBay.
Export Shipping Information to eBay
If this option is selected, DEAR will export shipping information to eBay. Further details can be found in the Fulfilment section.
Ignore eBay taxes
Taxes calculated in eBay will not sync to DEAR.
If disabled, it will copy the exact value as in eBay.
Tax Rule Mapping
When pending order is processed by DEAR, a sale task is created. Each order and invoice line is assigned a tax rule. The tax rules specified in these settings will be used to create these lines.
DEAR does not apply the tax rule to recalculate tax and is simply using the actual tax amount from the eBay order. This means that if certain products are not Taxable or with varying tax in eBay, all data and totals in DEAR will look identical to eBay, but with DEAR tax rule name selected in this setting.
The Tax Free tax rule mapping specified in this setting is used to create these lines for non-taxable products. This tax mapping could be useful for accounting.
In case of tax recalculation Tax amount will be overwritten with value calculated by DEAR Taxation rule.
IMPORTANT: Orders will be skipped on download if Taxation mapping not finished!
NOTE: For US eBay stores the provided Sales Tax is used instead of Tax Rule mapping.
Payment Account Mapping
DEAR can capture payments made against orders in eBay and is able to automatically add payments to a created sale invoice. To do this, Payment Account Mapping must be completed on this integration settings screen. You must choose an account which is able to receive payments from the chart of accounts.
This setting is not mandatory - if payment mapping is not completed, orders are still captured and downloaded from eBay, but payments must be manually added to invoices in DEAR. Some customers prefer to keep invoices open and then reconcile them with payouts from eBay.
Disconnect from eBay store
When you disconnect from eBay store, DEAR removes all associations between DEAR objects and eBay, including Log and Product Catalog.
The DEAR eBay Catalog page allows user to Download products from eBay, break the link between a DEAR product and its eBay listing and update quantities in eBay according to DEAR available stock.
Products can be loaded from eBay to DEAR in the Catalog tab by clicking Load Products. This operation may take some time.
Data mapping for products between DEAR and eBay is as follows:
Listing SKU (sometimes called Custom Label) or generated _ItemID_
|Category||First category from hierarchy|
|Weight||Weight (Converted to KG)|
|Barcode||UPC / EAN|
|Price Tier. Default is Price Tier 1||Price|
|Images||Small product image|
|Sale tax rule||“Default Tax Lines” tax mapping for products (use specified tax rule, if no tax rule specified use “Tax Free” tax mapping rule. “Default Additional ChargesTax Lines” tax mapping for additional services (like shipping, wrapping, etc)|
|Option 1 Name||Title of required option (required for product category)|
|Option 2 Name||Title of required option (required for product category)|
|Option 3 Name||Title of required option (required for product category)|
|Option 1 Value (for variation)||Value for Option 1|
|Option 2 Value(for variation)||Value for Option 2|
|Option 3 Value(for variation)||Value for Option 3|
There are three possible statuses for products in the Catalog: Not Listed, Listed and Canceled. The Canceled status appears for products that were removed from eBay. By default, they are not visible in the catalog unless the Show only active checkbox is disabled.
There is also an option that allows you to switch the appearance of the catalog to Show variations separately. If checked off, all products without variations are displayed, and each product variation is shown as a separate product line. In this function is not enabled, products without variations are displayed as usual and product families are displayed as a single product line.
In addition to downloading products from eBay and performing automatic product mapping, you can choose to manage your eBay catalog from DEAR. There is a column for manually linking and unlinking DEAR and eBay products. This is useful when the correct product has not been found.
There are three linking options:
- Leave blank (do not tie to a product in DEAR)
- Link to an existing product
- Create a new product in DEAR (available if the product with the required SKU does not exist).
Catalog Modifications in eBay
Consider a catalog which contains 3 products: A, B, C. Product C has been modified in the sale channel. Next time a Catalog Download is triggered, the products: A, B, D will be visible with the following statuses:
Products A and B (the unchanged products) will remain in the catalog with a Listed status. Product D will now appear in the catalog with a Listed status, but product C’s status will change to Canceled.
Product mapping must be completed in order for sales to be successfully downloaded from your sales channels to DEAR. When sales are loaded from a sale channel and a sale contains a product that is not mapped to any product in DEAR, then this sale will be not be downloaded.
The user will be notified if a sale is skipped through internal messages such as: notifications, recordings in operation log, or text message on the screen (depending on the situation).
There are three tabs in the publishing section of the eBay integration:
- Not Listed
- Selected to be listed
The Not Listed tab displays a list of products in DEAR which are not linked to any listing in the connected eBay store. All simple products for which Quantity > 0, as well as all product families with at least one variation where Quantity > 0, are available for selection.
The Selected to be Listed tab displays DEAR products that have been selected in the first tab but have not yet been published to eBay.
The Failed tab displays products that were to be published to eBay but were unsuccessful.
Publication of the product takes place in three stages and can only be completed if all three stages have been satisfied with no errors. If at some stage an error occurs, the publishing process will be interrupted, the error will appear in the third tab (Failed), indicating the product and the error message.
It is also possible that a product with a Failed status is still created in eBay but in an incomplete state, or even appears fully complete (if eBay had previous info on the published SKU) without correctly sending a notification to DEAR - DEAR is guided solely by eBay response.
NOTE: Product listing can fail required fields are not fully completed. The Category selected for the product in the Publishing Profile determines the required fields (UPC, Condition, etc.) for the product. Required fields are taken from the eBay API. Check what fields are required for a product category by checking the publishing profile details.
To publish products to eBay:
- On the Not Listed tab, select the product/s you wish to publish. You can search products by SKU / name / attributes / category / brand, there is also a button to Select All products visible on this page. Products can be manually selected by clicking on the desired row (it will change status when selected).
- Once selected, products to be listed will appear in the second tab. In this stage you can make the necessary changes to the price.
- Price is taken from Price Tier selected on the setup page for this product but can be overridden. Price can applied in bulk to several products by clicking Bulk Apply To → Price.
- Select a Publishing Profile. Publishing Profiles are further explained in the section below.
- Click Publish to publish the item/s on eBay.
Publishing Profiles are required to publish a product or product family to eBay.
To create a Publishing Profile in eBay:
- Go to the Publishing Profiles tab in the the eBay integration and select Create New
- Enter a Profile Name and select a category. Each publishing profile allows you to place products only into a single category on eBay.
- Enter the product details. The Category selected for the product in the Publishing Profile determines the required fields (UPC, Condition, etc.) for the product. Required fields are taken from the eBay API.
- The second setting is for a constant value. This means that, regardless of which product this profile will be used for, this value will always be used. The third column is a value that depends on the corresponding field within the DEAR individual product or family. Bold fields are required.
- Enter the Selling Details.
- Enter the shipping details and Save the publishing profile.
Orders and Sales
Processing Pending Orders
DEAR captures only completed eBay orders. Completed means that payment from buyer has been initiated and processed. All Cash on Delivery sales are considered to be Completed.
Whenever a sale is captured from eBay it is first placed into Pending Orders, and stock is allocated immediately. DEAR checks every 15 minutes if there are any new orders and imports them immediately as individual sale orders (if No Consolidation is selected in the Integration Settings) or once a day as a consolidated sale order (if Daily Consolidation is selected).
If No Consolidation is selected, each eBay sale is converted into an identical sale in DEAR, keeping the same customer and shipping information. Customer Billing address is provided only if a registered eBay account is used for the sale, otherwise the shipping address used instead. If Daily Consolidation is selected, the single daily sale task will use the customer selected in the integration settings, and customer, billing and shipping information imported from eBay will be ignored.
When processing orders, the logic is identical to that of the DEAR UI. DropShipping, Kitting and other important scenarios are implemented in the same was as through the DEAR UI.
Pending Orders can be processed manually by clicking Process. They can then be viewed in the Log tab.
Downloading Orders and Payments
Orders are automatically downloaded every 15 minutes by default.
NOTE: Generally, you do not need to trigger manual order download, however if an order was not captured by DEAR or to load historical sales you can use manual Load Order option. DEAR allows loading historical sales data a maximum of one year old.
Any imported order is saved to Pending Orders section. It is a temporary storage of all sales and payments in DEAR. If an order already has an entry in the Log (i.e. was imported previously) it will be skipped. This guarantees that no duplicate sales will be created by DEAR.
While saving orders, DEAR captures customer information, billing and shipping addresses. Customer information can not be downloaded separately from the sale information. All line items are captured together with quantities, prices and totals. Total order discounts are applied as are additional charges to the whole order, without distribution by lines to reduce the chance of discrepancy.
Shipping and handling are also saved as additional charges in the Sale invoice under Shipping.
If a Payment Account has been specified in the Integration Settings, DEAR will always assign associated payments to the captured eBay orders.
When an eBay order is cancelled, DEAR automatically:
- Removes the associated pending order if not yet synced to DEAR
- Finds and voids the corresponding sale task if already created as a Sale Order and has no refund data
- Creates a credit note and applies a refund if the cancelled eBay order has refund data
The final step in the order download is to trigger update of stock levels in other eBay stores and other connected eCommerce channels.
Returns and Refunds
eBay integration supports returns and refunds. eBay returns are pushed to DEAR as a credit note with an applied refund.
When an eBay order is cancelled, DEAR automatically creates a credit note and applies a refund if the cancelled eBay order has refund data.
Please note that if the sale is unfulfilled, this will cause an error with restocking the unfulfilled items. These will appear on the Log as Pending fulfilment. If you are experiencing this error, you will need to enable the Ignore restock for non-fulfilled sales setting.
Refunds for sales predating integration with DEAR
Merchants with eCommerce channels occasionally have to process returns or refunds for a sale that predates integration of the eCommerce channel with DEAR.
Sales and refund information is imported automatically from the eCommerce channel to DEAR, but can also be manually imported via the DEAR web portal. Historical refunds and returns are handled differently for each case.
Automatic import: DEAR checks the sale order date against the date of integration with the eCommerce channel. If the sale order date predates the date of integration, credit note and refund are imported without the corresponding historical sale task.
- A sale is created without order lines or invoice lines.
- Credit note tab shows refunded items and if a refund was processed in the eCommerce channel it will be captured on this tab.
- Restock tab is left empty and no stock adjustments are made.
Manual import: Manually loading orders from Shopify functions in the same way whether the sale took place before or after integration with DEAR.
- From the Pending Orders tab, click Load orders and select a date to load sales, including historical sales as Pending Orders. Process the sale associated with the refund.
- The sale order with have order, invoice, pick, pack, and ship lines. It will also have credit note and restock lines.
- User will have to perform a manual stock adjustment to correct any discrepancies from the refund.
Updating Fulfilment in eBay
When Shipment is authorised in DEAR and the carrier specified, DEAR will try to create order shipment information in eBay. This will only work in No Consolidation processing mode.
Each captured eBay order once saved to Pending Orders creates a Log entry to track the link between the Sale in DEAR and in eBay. This eliminates the possibility of creating duplicated orders when capturing the same order several times during manual order load.
Each Log entry has a link to the sale task in DEAR. Depending on the settings selected by the user in the Setup tab, this sales task could be draft or authorised, one or more of the Pick, Pack and Ship tabs could be authorised, and payment could have been applied to the invoice.
Log entries allow you to see which Sale task reflects a particular eBay sale. You also have the option to delete a Log entry manually. This will allow to reprocess an order if required. Deleting a log entry will not void or delete its associated sale task.
Reloading Orders from eBay
If for any reason you need to reload an order from eBay, this can be managed from DEAR.
To reload an order from eBay:
- Void the sale task. A record of this will be kept in DEAR for reconciliation purposes but the transactional data will be deleted.
- Return to the eBay integration Log tab and delete the Log entry. This will allow the order to be recaptured from eBay.
- Navigate to the Pending Orders tab and click Load Orders, making sure the date is set to before when the order to reload was made. DEAR allows loading historical sales data a maximum of one year old.
Each time when user or DEAR downloading sales appropriate record added to operation log. It also contains information about results of downloading, including the count of processed, skipped or cancelled orders.