You can point a B2B portal to your own custom domain name rather than the default DEAR portal address.
To bind your custom domain name to your DEAR Portal, you need to create a CNAME entry on your domain hosting provider's DNS server that points to your B2B Portal permanent address (<your_portal_name>.dearportal.com).
Each domain registrar has a different way of doing this — you may need to check with your provider for assistance in case you have any difficulty binding a custom domain name to your DEAR B2B Portal.
- Set up your DEAR B2B portal (required)
- Have a custom domain name ready (required)
To bind a custom domain to a DEAR B2B portal:
- Log on to your domain registrar account.
- Create a CNAME record. Your domain registrar's knowledge base or support team will be able to provide you specific information on how to go about doing this.
- Use the following settings:
- Alias — the domain you want your store to be on (e.g. mydomain.com or xxxxx.mydomain.com)
- Host / Points to — your B2B Portal permanent address (e.g. myshop.dearportal.com)
- TTL — the length of time the server caches the information, measured in seconds (e.g. 3600).
NOTE: After binding your custom domain name, you will need to set up a SSL certificate to ensure security of the payment information that you collect from your customers. LetsEncrypt is a certificate authority that offers free SSL certificates that you can use for the custom domain name of your DEAR B2B Portal. To know more about using a LetsEncrypt SSL certificate for your domain, click here.