The Tyro integration allows your DEAR POS store to communicate directly with your Tyro EFTPOS terminal, meaning faster transactions, fewer errors and easier reconciliation. Read the Tyro Installation Guide here.
Use Tyro with DEAR POS:
- Go to Integrations → POS.
- In the Setup tab, enable Use Tyro to activate Tyro and make the Tyro Merchant ID field visible. This makes Tyro available to all outlets in the organisation.
- Enter your Tyro Merchant ID and click Save.
- Now, you need to add your Tyro Terminal ID to the register where it will be used.
- Go to the Outlets tab and select the correct outlet and register.
- Enter your Tyro Terminal ID and click Save. (Note: Outlet has a field for Tyro Merchant ID. You need to have the Register open where you can enter the Tyro Terminal ID.)
To finish connecting Tyro you will need to login to your DEAR POS application.
- In DEAR POS application, go to Setup → Payment Setup page.
- In the Card Payment System field select Tyro Reader.
- Pair the device with the terminal and Connect.
- On the Tyro terminal perform the Authorise POS function to pair with the terminal. Now you can pay using Tyro!
NOTE: On the Tyro POS Setup → Payment Setup page, you can enable Print EFTPOS receipts on Tyro Terminal:
- When enabled: main receipt is printed by a POS printer while all terminal receipts (both merchant and customer copies) are printed by the Tyro terminal
- When disabled: main receipt as well as all terminal receipts are printed by a POS printer.