Some countries require the customer tax number to be printed on a customer's receipt, for example in order to claim VAT. Users can enter and edit a customer's tax number from the DEAR POS application. Users can also add Customer Tax Number to the POS Receipt template.
We have included a sample receipt template with the tax number included that you can upload into DEAR.
- At least one POS register added to your base subscription.
- Setting up DEAR POS - Basics (required)
- Using POS - Basics (Make, Exchange, Return Sales) (required)
- Customer Management (recommended)
- Manage Document and Email Templates (recommended)
Table of Contents:
- Enter/edit customer tax number
- Add customer tax number to POS receipt template
Enter/edit customer tax number
A customer's tax number can be entered and edited either through the DEAR web portal or the DEAR POS application. The customer record must be entered before it can be printed to a POS receipt.
In DEAR web portal
In the DEAR web portal, you will need to go to the General tab of a customer's record (Sale → Customers/Credits → [select customer]) to enter or edit their tax number.
In DEAR POS
In the DEAR POS application, tax number can be entered or edited from a customer's record (Customers → [select customer]or Add new customer), or added when adding a customer during a sale.
Add customer tax number to POS receipt template
Add the customer tax number to the POS receipt that will be printed for your customers.
- In Settings → Document & Email templates → POS, download the Receipt template.
- Scroll down until you see <<TableStart:Customer>> - this is the correct parent table.
- Copy an existing field such as Customer: <<CustomerName>> to the location you want your new field to be.
- Show the field code either by right-clicking the field and selecting Toggle Field Code or using Alt + F9 for Windows, Option + F9 for Mac.
- Replace the CustomerName field with TaxNumber field (Field codes are available in MailMerge fields for DEAR POS templates).
- Right-click the changed field and select Update Field to show your changes.
- You can see the TaxNumber field has been added successfully.
- Save the edited template and upload.