search-icon

Planned
Duplicate customer order numbers

started a topic over 4 years ago

Currently Dear allows for duplicate serial numbers and also does not warn you if you enter in duplicate customer sales order number

The problem is that some of our customers mistakenly send us the same order number multiple times, and even after we have supplied the goods.

If we are not careful to check each time by searing dear to see if that order number has been used previously, we can very easily land up duplicating orders. Which normally then only gets picked up when we deliver the goods to the customers.

Please can you activate in General Settings to allow or disallow duplicate customer order numbers

as an alternative can Dear warn you if you enter a duplicate order number

Thanks this will go a long way to eliminate processing errors

Thanks

20 people like this idea
  • Agree. Definitely needs a pop up warning if the PO number entered is a duplicate of an existing SO

2 people like this
  • 100% Agree. The more problems that can be prevented, the less for the accounts team to fix. Best to be proactive than reactive.

5 people like this
  • Absolute necessity. Good software reduces human error.  Duplication of order numbers (customer or supplier) has serious implications not only for stock but accounts.   

4 people like this
  • I agree, This will eliminate an error of sending the same order to a customer twice which can cost the company a lot of money.

4 people like this
  • 100 agree , this will eliminate an error of sending one other twice .

4 people like this
  • I agree for the functionality to be activated to eliminate duplication of orders.

3 people like this
  • Absolutely! This will minimize errors!

2 people like this
  • This is a must according to me!

2 people like this
  • Hi. Is there an estimated time for completion of this feature (Even if it is an optional checkbox that appears in General settings to allow duplicate serial and batch numbers or not) Two of my clients are running into legal issues of traceability because their serial and batch numbers cannot be definitively linked to an unhappy customer - because the same product is allowed to have two or more identical serial numbers on Dear currently.

Thanks

• Definitely need this, I can remember even Myob (desktop version pre cloud days) even issued a warning pop-up when an SO was entered with a PO reference that was already used on another SO.

Although the blame can be pointed at the customer for issuing a PO more than once, it's not great for the customer experience when the duplication is not picked up by our system

• As a Dear partner I support this requirement and would like to see it implemented ASAP

• Yep, agree with this and would love to see it.

• I would love to see this too - minimizing human error is what automation should do best!

• Please escalate this feature development, we too have multiple situations outside of our control where a customer's communication over existing SOs can result in a duplicate order being created - a simple pop-up warning when data entered into the SO Reference Field is a duplicate with an existing, would be a great feature, and not require us to do a manual search for each new Customer PO received.

Login or Signup to post a comment

20 people like this idea