search-icon

Planned
Shopify Exchanges - Updated Shopify Process needs to Sync to Dear

started a topic almost 2 years ago

Shopify changed their exchange process last month. Now any exchanges done in Shopify are done against the original sale. Previously Shopify created a new order which was 'paid for' by an exchange credit generated from the original order.

As such, exchanges now done in Shopify (including Shopify POS) don't sync correctly with Dear. Any returned items are credited and re-stocked accordingly in Dear. However there is no record whatsoever in Dear of any new items that are taken in the exchange. This obviously has a massive impact on stock and has to be completed manually in Dear. This is not a feasible solution.

Please can Dear fully integrate with Shopify's new exchange process, in a similar way to how it processes exchanges via Vend and Dear POS.

12 people like this idea
  • Hey There,

Definitely excited for this feature, if there any optics on what it might look like that would be awesome yohan? 

I am not sure what everyone is doing, but currently we/I do: 

• Create a Return and refund $0.00 in shopify
    • Find the order in Core and remove the payment on the Dear Order
    • Add a customer credit onto the order in Core
    • Then create a replacement order in Shopfiy from Draft's as already paid. 
    • Then remove the payment from the new order in Core and apply the credit. 

From Shopify Reporting, we just exclude payments that aren't our payment methods.

I have toyed with writing some JS to catch the return completed webhook from shopify, and then remove the payment in DEAR and then apply the credit memo on the new order (DEL payment, PUT Credit Memo), but I haven't really figured out the whole lookup of the replacement. Note, we can put custom methods in for the draft payment method, so could catch with that. 

I actually feel that Shopify refund process is quite limiting, I was speaking with my Account manager about being able to refund to different payment methods (IE: Exchange Holding Account, Gift Card or such), like you can use another account with draft orders but no love. 

This might sound like a really wild question, but given this is a platform issue (shopify and im assuming others), and i'm pretty sure that you have returns portal (in B2B). Has core considered building an embeddable form (or API access to returns) that can be added to a page in shopify?

• Hi Chris!

We already have a built-in exchange process which works really well with our own POS. The plan is to get the relevant end points from Shopify and then its simply triggering the exchange process in Core.

Below is a simple workflow of how our built in exchange process works.

1. Check if the invoice is authorized. If it's not authorized, we skip processing it until authorized
    2. if authorized, create a Credit note
    3. Exchanged product lines added to a credit note
    4. Create a new invoice
    5. Add exchange items to the invoice
    6. Add exchange items to the sale order and modify
    7. If the new exchange product is a BOM product, this triggers the production order
    8. Create fulfilment for the new exchange item
    9. Link the fulfilment to a new invoice
    10. Authorize invoice (if the setting is enabled)
    11. Insert payment to new invoice and to credit note (Depending on payment conditions here)
    12. Complete new fulfilment based on settings
    13. If fulfilment cannot be authorized, show an error.

• Hey Yohan, 

Thanks for this, definitely resolving around the same concept, but some key nuggets there that I had not considered (Especially around the check invoice auth first and some core logic). I had considered using DEAR Core POS but I need to Shopify Customer Data, Gift Card support and offsite Conversion data, but havent looked at it since it was beta'ed. 

I'm currently doing some final tweaks on an integration that we built into CORE (Iconic/Zalora <> CORE) and a custom gtm project, but i'm definitely keen to take this info and see if I can make something work. I know after several conversations with Shopify+ team that the webhooks I probably want are within my partner account (hopefully). 

If i figure something out, I will definitely let you know how I got there so your team can look at it as well.

Login or Signup to post a comment

12 people like this idea