search-icon

Amazon Integration: Option to set the Amazon Invoice Date, Ship Date, and Payment Date to "Today" to solve the one date from Amazon issue

started a topic almost 2 years ago

It is my understanding through various exchanges with the DEAR Support and DEAR Development team that DEAR uses the "order date" in Amazon because the invoice date and ship date is not exposed in the Amazon API.

The problem is that the Amazon order date is not helpful in many cases.  In some cases it messes things up for the bookkeeping in DEAR, especially when the order is from a previous month, for which the books have already been closed.  I have seen orders back dated as far back as two months, when clearly the order is shipped today from Amazon.

I would propose that there should be an option in the Amazon Integration settings to set the Amazon Invoice Date, Ship Date, and Payment Date to "Today" (the day the sale order is downloaded) so that it more accurately reflects the reality of the actual invoice and fulfillment date in DEAR.  This would apply to both Daily Consolidation and non-consolidated orders.  See a mock-up of this option in the screenshot below.

Note that there probably ought to be an override when loading historical orders using the Amazon > Pending Orders > Load order feature to allow orders with applicable order dates assigned (even though some of the orders will be posted to a date other than their actual fulfillment date.)

This is a long-standing issue with the DEAR-Amazon integration which needs addressing, in my humble opinion.

Thank you for considering this request.

-Stan

P.S. Alternatively, if the new Amazon API to which DEAR recently changed, has separate dates beyond the one "order date" which would solve this issue of backdated sale orders, invoices, ship, and payment dates for Amazon orders, then please implement that.  Thanks!

1 person likes this idea
  • Yes we are experiencing the same issue.  It need resolving

• There is also an issue when you quote a customer and then it's some time (say a month) before they come back to confirm the order.  The order is then dated when it was quoted, not when the quote was approved/became an order!   It then looks like we have taken ages to supply!  Order date should change when the order is confirmed.

• There is also an issue when you quote a customer and then it's some time (say a month) before they come back to confirm the order.  The order is then dated when it was quoted, not when the quote was approved/became an order!   It then looks like we have taken ages to supply!  Order date should change when the order is confirmed.

@Jonathan Pons - I did not know about this issue.  Glad to know about it.  What you are proposing would be a good improvement to DEAR.  It could be an option, or a separate data field ("Quote Date").  Have added this as a separate feature request?  If not, I would recommend you do so because to me the Amazon integration issue and the Quote/Order Date seem like different things for DEAR to tackle and I find that when multiple feature requests are combined in the comments it is hard for people to vote on them and for the DEAR team to keep them organized.

Login or Signup to post a comment

1 person likes this idea