search-icon

Select Multiple Options on Map Variations

started a topic over 3 years ago

Hello, 

In mapping variations on Product Families I ran into a function issue. Currently I am able to map one set of options to a Product. For example Product X maps to variation [Option A] AND [Option D]. 

I need to be able to map multiple Options to Products. For example Product X should map to variation [Option A OR B] AND [Option D OR E OR F]. This will allow us to specify one Porcut for several options. In the attached example I am trying to map Product [pf] Rocket Wheel Drive 23, 25mm Output Shaft, i=5 (HD Gearbox) to options [color = Black] AND [Payload  300 lbs. OR 400 lbs.] AND [Position = Rear]. 

pdf
pdf
pdf

3 people like this idea
  • Hi Kimberly,

I ran into this issue with one of my clients using DEAR Systems.

I managed to find a way to progress through this limitation with two workarounds as DEAR doesn't allow you to have more than 3 VARIANT OPTIONS but it does allow you to have many VARIANT VALUES.

Solution ONE

Having one of the options in the Product Family Name - This will mean however that all the products will not be in the same Product Family

Solution TWO

Incorporating two Variant Options into one which is what I recommend to have all the Products into one Product Family.

Let's take this an example:

Item XYZ has 4 Variant Options:

1. [Option COLOUR - either BLACK, GREY or WHITE]
    2. [Option SIZE - either SMALL, MEDIUM or LARGE]
    3. [Option LENGTH - either 1M, 2M, 3M or 4M]
    4. [Option POSITION - either FRONT or REAR]

Solution ONE:
    You would have
    1. Product Family Item XYZ - FRONT with Variant Options 1) COLOUR, 2) SIZE & 3) LENGTH
    2. Product Family Item XYZ - REAR with Variant Options 1) COLOUR, 2) SIZE & 3) LENGTH

Solution TWO:
    You would have ONE Product Family Item XYZ with Variant Options 1) COLOUR, 2) SIZE & 3) LENGTH + POSITION

Following the example I mentioned, your third Variant Option LENGTH + POSITION would have the following Variant Values in it:
    • SMALL FRONT
    • MEDIUM FRONT
    • LARGE FRONT
    • SMALL REAR
    • MEDIUM REAR
    • LARGE REAR

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Luke Bilocca
    Scope Solutions
    Malta

Login or Signup to post a comment