search-icon

Alternative Products

started a topic over 3 years ago

We like the idea of the Alternative Products function but would like to see a slight modification.

Our normal order, pick and pack process is we enter an order as per our customers request, and then authorise it. 

Then at the time of picking the order we may need to make a substitution, so we should be able to make the alternative product change at picking stage. Otherwise we have to undo the order and go back to the beginning.

Is this not possible?  

12 people like this idea
  • I just came to look for this. Yeh, I would agree. I am in the middle of picking a time sensitive order. Customer willing to take alternative, but the rest of the order is packed. Makes no sense to have to undo everything. Would like to be able to substitute at this stage. 

• Completely agree with this suggestion!  We are experiencing the same issue where when picking the order, we may need to make substitutions.  We have many user controls in place, so our picking team isn't able to undo the sales order to swap the product, meaning we need to go back and involve the sales team to edit and authorize the order, then back to picking to fulfill it as sent. 

Being able to select an alternative product at the pick stage would be monumental for our inventory accuracy and efficiency. 

Thank you!!

Login or Signup to post a comment

12 people like this idea