search-icon

Shopify Refunds from pre-Integration

started a topic over 4 years ago

When we have a new client in DEAR I've noticed a bit of a logic issue in the Integration when there are Exchanges or Refunds. 

If Shopify takes a refund then it sends through the whole original order to DEAR despite the fact that this is from before DEAR was set up and went live. I get that for future credit notes DEAR will reference the original order, but if it's not in there it gets created. 

Can we improve this? As an example, we have had a client today who had a customer do a refund, which sent another order to DEAR and then StarShipIT so their warehouse fulfilled it again. 

I was thinking, if a refund is placed in Shopify but order is not in DEAR, DEAR should create a stand alone credit note instead of a regular order and process a stock adjustment if the item refunded needs to be restocked

Worst worst case for an immediate fix, we need the sale to be STOPPED from coming into DEAR as this is causing chaos.

5 people like this idea
  • Also, I think if the case where money is being refunded then it should just create the stock adjustment and not a credit note otherwise money is being refunded and they also get a credit to their account.

If money is NOT being refunded then a credit note should definitely be created.

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment

5 people like this idea