search-icon
  • Email notification would be a huge help on the B2B Portal.  Currently only way of knowing if we have an order is logging in and checking the 'Alert' bell notification in the navbar...  I realize some users may have huge numbers of orders coming in and wouldn't want an email alert, but the option of an email notification would be great for us

8 people like this
  • MULTIPLE IMAGES

The ability to publish multiple images under each SKU, I imagine this will be high on the list for many DEAR subscribers.

This would allow a much greater ability to communicate product details—like the back of a product, or schematics.

I request this too please! 

7 people like this
  • This Portal idea has so much potential. We had created a fully functionnal one through WooCommerce and ditched it days before it's release when we got to know that you were creating a native one.

What would highly important for us is the following :

- Showing quantities on customer end be optional. This is major : since, in our case, it is setup to become a quote, any quantities would do. We do no want customers to restrain themselves in their order because we can transfer from other warehouse, create the goods or get them on demand. Also, it is too much information. Some customer are also competitors in certain regards. We do not want them to access our inventory levels without us deciding. We actually will not use the portal until this simple feature is enabled.

- Email Notifications. This is something I hope you will work on. The contact email set for a given store should be receiving a notification email when an order is passed. To have it passively show up in the listing is way too risky. With all the sales from all the channels it can be be drowned by other orders or make it unclear who should take care of it. On a related note, enabling Email notifications would also make sense for low inventory level alerts. This, or a clear "Alert" board on the dashboard.

- Translation options : Since it can be set in all currency, it would be great that one can translate the basic text within the website. In some country, like Canada, it is illegal to sell to some provinces if you do not offer a website in the two official languages. You could crowd source it, like Magento or Wordpress did it. Peole would be happy to give you back the translated .PO / .MO files or their equivalent to help you out.

- Show Price breaks : It would be useful to show the price breaks / discount tiers. The way it is set, it is impossible for the customer to know if they get a cheaper price if they buy X quantity. 

I also concur with the 4 suggestions made by Nachson ; they all struck me as highly needed as well. One detail ; product description must not be fed directly from the one in the product data page, since this one feeds itself on third party (i.e. Magento) which may have a description that suits B2C, not B2B. Maybye have Description 1, Description 2 and so on. Or just a plain old field we can fill manually. 

I will repeat that this is a great move though. Once you will add a POS too, DEAR will be the ultimate war machine. 

Keep us posted. We definitely want to help you to help us to help you to help us.

6 people like this
  • We have just started using the 2B2 portal, and it's pretty cool. A few features we miss is:

-It would be great to be able to show product 'description' and select 'additional attributes' to show on the product page.

-Be able to hide the standard 'Menus & Catalog' under 'Page Elements', as it will force the shopper to filter what they are looking for.

-Have an optional email notification when orders are placed online.

-Have a 'dummy' user which cannot shop, but just use as catalog mode. It would be a great way to send a catalog and price list to potential new customers.

6 people like this
  • Dear Dear, I really encourage you to not make the same mistakes I myself have made and many other entrepreneurs do, getting distracted from our core focus. 

I do not need to remind you started as Inventory Add-on to Xero with BOM, that typically meant Manufacturers, which typically means B2B, and some also doing B2C direct from manufacturer, in some cases.  B2B Portal made complete sense and is PERFECT match for core focus and us, your core customer base.  However before it was completed or development finished and refined to make it fully usable (navigation with category, brands, and tags with filtering, using our own domain, customizable header menu, calculated shipping, and other features frequently and repeatedly requested here in forums,  it seems POS, which is a strictly retail focus has completely become a distraction from core focus and core customers and B2B Portal was never finished.

There is so many solutions out there for Retail e-commerce and even POS, you have carved out a strong position in B2B which is much faster growing at the moment evidenced by Magento making huge focuses in this area, do not lose your core advantage and strength and get distracted trying to compete with everyone else in the retail space.  I think I speak for everyone here when we beg to please finish B2B Portal and not forsake us, your core.  We tend to be more stable, stick around longer, more dedicated to our tools where the retail space tends to be much more fickle, much higher turnover, etc. by the simple nature we create  and innovate and control production.  

6 people like this
  • Development Requests

TOGGLE LISTING OF DEPRECATED SKU'S IN B2B

The ability for a customer to have visibility of deprecated SKU's, allowing customers to maintain access to resources (description, imagery, pricing, etc) of SKU's that are no longer available for sale.

I imagine this would also necessitate a similar toggle in the B@B Portal settings "Catalog", so we can control/view the listing status.

MULTIPLE IMAGES

The ability to publish multiple images under each SKU, I imagine this will be high on the list for many DEAR subscribers.

This would allow a much greater ability to communicate product details—like the back of a product, or schematics.

I imagine this would necessitate a few more radio switches ("Display first") and checkboxes ("Publish image") under the image setting on the Product profile.

6 people like this
  • We do monitor various suggestions and replies. I can assure you the development and further enhancements planned for B2B portal will be resumed next week. 

5 people like this
  • PLEASE let us use ALL THREE points of data in the system: category, brand, and tags  for FILTERED navigation to find a product. Currently it works fine if you have 10 products or even 20 but when you add 1000 products or SKUs it's virtually impossible to find anything currently.

When clicking a category it shows all products mentioned that category across all brands. Then clicking on one of the brands shows all items in all categories across that brand.  It never filters down to narrow things down.  A simple checkbox for filtering functionality so when you click on a category it shows only the brands or tags that have products in that category, then clicking on the brand or tag shows only the remaining products that match both the category and brand or tag, and the third level of filtering data could be at the top of the page, showing all of the tags for all of the products that matched both category and brand.  

5 people like this
  • PLEASE allow us to create a multilevel header menu or sometimes referred to as a "mega menu" so the first link might be "products" which shows all available categories in rows and columns, second menu option might be series of links to static pages in the TOP header menu, such as About Us, how to become a dealer, Google map of dealers, etc. which I can create just fine for the footer, but let us link to them in the top header menu, so I can follow some normal standards how users are accustomed to navigating a webpage. The bottom footer is fine for terms and policies, but is the last place people look.

5 people like this
  • Our customers are asking for the ability for their invoices and previous orders done in DEAR to be displayed in the portal as well. This should be pretty easy. 

5 people like this
  • You asked for comments regarding multilingual. While this is great, it should come at stage 5 oor later enhancement after the stage 4. I mean let's have things working in English first! PLEASE give us filtering navigation ability for customers to find products.  Multi menu top menu so we can link to resource  static pages,  information on becoming a dealer, etc.  in the top menu. And PLEASE let us use our own domain name!  Such as portal.[my domain].com or just mydomain.com

5 people like this
  • Hello, Can we please have a way to allow/disallow back orders on a product level? Also, to customise the "Out of Stock" message? The "Coming Soon" idea is good in theory, but because the items which I want to mark as "Coming Soon" are assemblies, they display as "out of Stock" rather than "Coming Soon".

5 people like this
  • I really like how the B2B portal is coming, however I'd like to suggest some additional features.

What I would need to see before implementing is: 

-Search by SKU as well as description

-Filter results by attribute

-Date required

-Customer reference 

-View more per page (say up to 50 search results on a single page)

-Ability to adjust size of product thumbnails (ability to fit more items on one line)

-Ability to add line comments to items 

Thanks!

5 people like this
  • Hi All,

Further enhancements were made over the weekend please see release notes

Thank you

4 people like this
  • Hi All,

Further improvements to the B2B portal released over the weekend can be found here  

4 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment

29 people like this idea