search-icon
  • OMG, had no idea the price has risen so - I believe we were one of the first companies to use Dear in the UK, and at the time there wasn't much help around which is why I asked Ian Gibb of RYBO to help me implement Dear just about three years ago.... best not to cancel my subscription then!!
    I currently get a discount (due to the above...) would this discount be applicable to 'notifications'?  ; -)

• ADDITIONAL COLUMN IN B2B SETTINGS: "AM I SELLING THIS PRODUCT"

Given there are two "switches" that determine if a product appears in the Portal or not; Status (Listed/Not Listed) and "Am I Selling This Product" (Yes/No),

It would be useful to see these both listed in the Catalog settings for faster reference.

• asked dear for an update on the promised updated stated to be delivered on the 15 December as haven't seen any communication as to what and when to expect the updates.
    Happy New Year to all!

• apparently upgrades to be available within 24 hours...... not sure which elements though... hoping.....

• If more than one of an item are added to the shopping cart the weights are not added and therefore the correct shipping weight class is not being chosen for B2B portal orders.  You can add 1 or 100 of an item but it will give the shipping class as though it was only 1.  It looks like weights are adding up if you have 1 ea. of different items in the cart though.  

• Simple request which was no problem in Tradegecko.  We need to display out of stock items in the B2B BUT not allow backordering of them.

Currently in dear we have only 2 options:

1 Hide out of stock items; or

2. Display them AND allow backordering.

• FWIW the "NEW" tag is covering the price (and the exclamation ! should be on the right side NEW!):

• The extra info to the log-in page screen is great. Why is it restricted in width?

• We now have a "My Favourites" in top menu bar but when browsing products no way to add to favourites???

• 17. Sorting by Price: The price sorting only sorts by full Tier price and does not sort by a discounted price. This should be corrected to sort by "final" list price, not "original" list price.
  • @Matthew - it’s a favorite list for the customer not the seller. Each item has a little star that the customer can select and build their favorite list. That’s actually good for B2B.
  •  I second Charlie's idea above,

However, I suggest a text field with default "Qty: 1" next to "Add to Cart" so users can enter quickly add higher quantities.

• "DISCONTINUED" FLAG; OPTION FOR DEPRECATED PRODUCTS TO REMAIN AS LEGACY PRODUCTS ON PORTAL

A Portal settings option to have products that are both "deprecated" and "listed" to still appear on the Portal as "discontinued" (or custom text) as legacy products would be very useful.

Previous to the Portal, when a product was discontinued, we set the product to "deprecated" to remove it and declutter the available product list,

While we can still deprecate products, this removes them from the portal and we often have customers wonder where they've gone—and/or still require images and product descriptions, which the Portal is a great tool to share.

• SURCHARGES FOR PORTAL PAYMENT METHODS   &   MORE PAYMENT METHODS

There is a sophisticated feature in the DEAR POS integration to manage surcharges by payment method — this is necessary for the B2B Portal also.

Currently, there is limited functionality in the Portal check-out — the payment method a customer selects only adds text to the Purchase Order, it doesn't integrate into other functions or trigger other tasks.

As a wholesaler we use;

"Purchase Order" with the description "As per Payment Terms (existing account)"

"Cash on Delivery" with a cumbersome description "Credit Card pre-payment (incurs a 1.3% fee — we will call you)"

"Money Transfer" with the description "Direct Bank Transfer pre-payment"

We want to enable PayPal as a payment option, but the 2.9% + 30 cents PayPal transaction fees in Australia cannot currently be accounted for.

For those of you playing at home; we have recently found that the Portal Payment Method type "Credit Account" could better be described as "Customer Credit", aka Credit Notes etc and does not relate to payment by a customer's Credit Card.

• The request below is 5 years old, but we would like to raise it again as it is something we need:

"We have separate revenue accounts for Product Sales and Shipping Charges but I am only able to specify one "Default Revenue Account" in the integration settings.  Please allow for a separate revenue account to be specified for products and shipping income."

Login or Signup to post a comment

29 people like this idea