A Customer Sales Statement Report is a report consisting of a consolidated list of all the transactions carried out for a particular customer.
It is a good business practice to send regular statements to your customers so they are aware of the amounts still owing on their account. There are two options:
Sale Statement Activity – Activity statement will show all activity within the selected date range. If there are invoices still unpaid from before the date range you have selected, these will be summarised as a brought forward balance. Then all the invoices and payments received within the selected period will be listed giving you a total due balance at the end. This is often the preferred method when you are issuing several invoices per month to a customer.
Sale Statement Outstanding – This statement will show all invoices with outstanding amounts left on them as of the date you have selected. This option is useful when a customer wants a complete list of all unpaid invoices going all the way to the beginning rather than older period ones been represented just as a brought forward balance.
- Set up Customers (necessary)
To create a customer statement report:
- Navigate to Sales -> Customers.
- Click on the More Actions button and select Sales Statements from the dropdown. This will open the Sales Statements screen.
- Select your Date range and Customer.
- Click Print and select Sale Statement Activity or Sale Statement Outstanding from the dropdown menu. Alternatively, you can email them directly to the customer by clicking Email.