It is important to have a transparent communication channel between production managers and sales managers. If the production manager implements production changes (e.g. re-plans orders), these changes impact the product delivery date and thus Sales Order completion.
These Production reports are communication tools to inform the sales managers about changes in production without them having to go to the Scheduler to check or be notified offline of any changes by the production manager.
Users can have read-only or full access to these reports with the Production Reports permission.
Users with a subscription to the DEAR automation module can set up Report Scheduling and Notifications for these reports.
Table of Contents
- Production Cost Analysis
- Production Overdue
- Required By Date Exceptions
- Automatically Schedule Reports
- Set Automatic Notifications
Production Cost Analysis
This report shows the number of finished goods with their costs split by the components/services used in the assembled product. The report shows both assembly products and production costs. Use this report to analyse finished goods yield quantity, production cost, and cost of component products and services for a selected reporting period. Both assembly and production finished goods are shown on this report.
See Production Cost Analysis for more information.
The Production Overdue report informs the Production Manager about any Production Orders/Production Runs that have not been started on their scheduled start date. Only Production Orders/Production Runs with the status Released appear in this report.
Production Orders/Production Runs are added to the report for these delaying events:
- 24 hours have passed after a Production Order/Run has not been started on its scheduled start date.
- Production is suspended and not resumed for over 24 hours from the suspension time.
See Production Overdue Report for more information.
Production Required by Date Exceptions
Changes in production planning can cause schedules to be pushed forward. The Required by Date Exceptions report is intended for sales managers to check when the Required By Date of a Production Order differs from the Required by Date of a Sales Order.
Required by Date is set/changed in these cases:
- when a Production Order is automatically released, i.e. when we have an auto-release setting in General Settings → Production Process Customisation (Required by Date is the same as in the Sales Order that generates the order)
- when a Production Order is manually released (from the order screen) and Required By Date is manually changed from Required By Date in the Sales Order
- when a Production Order is manually released from the Scheduler and Required By Date is manually changed from Required By Date in the Sales Order
- when a Production Order is manually released from the Production Orders List and Required By Date is manually changed from Required By Date in the Sales Order
- when a Production Order is rescheduled via the Scheduler by drag-and-drop of the order to new dates.
- when consolidation or orders changes the Required By date of one or more of the consolidated orders.
In case 1, the Production Order Required by Date is automatically set to be the same as the Sales Order Required by Date. In cases 2-5, the user can set their own Required by Date. Changing the Required by Date will cause the Production Order to appear in this report.
When the sales manager has notified all customers from the report that the Required by Date has been changed, the sales manager can update the Required by Date in the Sales Order. When the date in the Sales Order is set to the Required by Date from the report, the order is settled and removed from the report.
See Production Required by Date Exceptions Report for more information.
Automatically Schedule Reports
The Production Overdue report and Required by Date Exceptions report can be automatically run daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly and sent to those who need them directly from within the Automation module. See Report Scheduling for more details.
Set Automatic Notifications
You can set up notifications containing production updates for your users from the Automation module. DEAR notifications can be delivered as alerts in the notification centre and/or as emails intended for one or more recipients. External notifications can also be set up to send information to third-party applications. See Notifications for more information.
Available Production Notifications are:
- Production Order Required by Date is updated – to notify stakeholders (Sales Manager, Production Managers) about the changes in the Required by Date for Production Orders
- Production Order/Production Run start is delayed – to notify stakeholders (Production Managers, Workers) about the delay in the start of the operation. User can set the conditions (no. of days delay) from the Notifications screen.