DEAR allows integration with QuickBooks Online (QBO) and Xero accounting systems, or you can use DEAR as a standalone tool for your accounting needs. You may switch between QBO, Xero and DEAR standalone at any time if you wish to change your accounting system.
If you want to connect to Xero for the first time, see Xero Integration - Basics.
If you want to connect to QBO for the first time, see QuickBooks Online Integration - Basics.
NOTE: Correct mapping of accounts and tax rules is needed to avoid any issues that may arise when switching between these three systems. For more information on account mapping between DEAR and Xero, see Connecting DEAR Inventory and Xero. For more information on account mapping between DEAR and QBO, see Connecting DEAR Inventory and QBO.
Table of Contents
- Switching from Xero to QBO and vice versa
- Switching from one Xero/QBO account to another
- Switching from Xero/QBO to DEAR Standalone
Switching from Xero to QBO and vice versa
If you are already using QBO or Xero with DEAR, and you wish to change to the other accounting system, you can do so by following the steps below. The steps are very similar to connecting to Xero or QBO for the first time.
To switch DEAR from QBO to Xero:
- On the DEAR menu, click Integration → Xero.
- On the Xero integration page, click Connect to disable QuickBooks integration and enable Xero integration with DEAR using the Xero Connect Wizard.
To switch from Xero to QBO:
- On the DEAR menu, click Integration → QuickBooks Online.
- On the QuickBooks Online integration page, click Connect to disable Xero integration and enable Xero integration with DEAR using the QuickBooks Connect Wizard.
Switching from one Xero/QBO account to another
You can switch from one Xero account to another (or one QBO account to another) from Integrations → Xero (or Integrations → QuickBooks Online.
Scroll down to Connect your DEAR account to another Xero/QBO organisation and click Change Organisation. You will be taken through either the Xero Connect Wizard or QuickBooks Connect Wizard to complete the change.
Switching from Xero/QBO to DEAR standalone
If you have previously integrated either QuickBooks or Xero with DEAR, and you wish to use just DEAR for your accounting needs, you can disable the Xero/QBO integration.
To disable Xero/QBO integration:
- On the DEAR menu, click either Integration → QuickBooks (if you have QuickBooks integrated with DEAR) or Integration → Xero (if you have Xero integrated with DEAR).
- On the integration page, click Disable Integration.
Once you disconnect the integration between DEAR and a third-party accounting system, you can start using DEAR as your standalone accounting software.