DEAR Inventory can be used either as a standalone accounting system or integrated with either QuickBooks Online or Xero. If you are already using either QuickBooks or Xero, Connect Wizard allows easy integration of these systems with DEAR Inventory.
NOTE: This article covers the QuickBooks Connect Wizard only. For more information on the Xero Connect Wizard, see Xero Connect Wizard.
Once your DEAR account is connected to QuickBooks, the QuickBooks Online Integration page will display the following sections:
- Integration Settings
- Cost of Goods Sold Maintenance
- Connect your DEAR account to another QuickBooks organisation
- Disable QuickBooks Integration on your DEAR account. This involves clicking Disable Integration on the page to disconnect QBO and DEAR.
Using the QuickBooks Connect Wizard
The QuickBooks Connect Wizard provides easy-to-follow steps for connecting QuickBooks with DEAR.
NOTE: Before proceeding with integrating QuickBooks or Xero with DEAR, you must ensure you have the correct Chart of Accounts setup. For more information, see either QuickBooks Online Integration and Xero Integration.
To start integrating QuickBooks with DEAR using the QuickBooks Connect Wizard:
- On the DEAR menu, click Integration -> QuickBooks.
- On the QuickBooks Online Integration page, the details of the integration status and the flow of data between DEAR Inventory and QuickBooks Online are displayed. Click Connect to enable QuickBooks integration.
NOTE: If you have previously set up integration between your QBO account and DEAR, there will be a Reconnect button instead of a Connect button on this page. However, the steps are essentially the same, except that the procedure will also disable the integration between DEAR and your QBO account.
- On the Welcome page of the QuickBooks Connect Wizard, DEAR is set to keep your data by default. If you want to delete your data from DEAR, proceed to Step 4. If you want to proceed without changing this setting, skip to Step 5.
- To delete your data from DEAR, toggle the button to No. You will then be asked to select which data you want to be deleted. You can choose to delete either all data or transactional data only. If you select transactional data, you can also choose to delete all products, all customers, and/or all suppliers from DEAR. Not selecting any option during this step means that all transactional data (products, customers, and suppliers) from DEAR will be deleted.
- Click Continue to display the Connect to QuickBooks window, where you need to click Connect to QuickBooks to get accounts, tax rules and payment terms for further mapping.
- On the QuickBooks sign-in page, enter your account credentials to log on to your QuickBooks account and connect it to DEAR Inventory. If you do not have a QuickBooks Online account yet, you can click the Sign up now link on top to set up your account.
- Once you sign in or set up your account, you will be asked to authorise the sharing of data between DEAR Inventory and QuickBooks. Click Authorise to let DEAR Inventory access your data.
- Once the authorisation is complete, you will be taken back to the Mapping page of the QuickBooks Online Wizard, where the mapping of your QuickBooks accounts with DEAR Inventory is displayed. Manually set the correct QuickBooks accounts if necessary. Click Continue.
- The Connect Wizard will only map accounts between systems if they have the same settings. If you are missing an account, you can go back to QBO and create them, then click Reload accounts from QBO to continue mapping. See Quickbooks Online Integration - Basic for required account settings.
- On the Tax Mappings page of the QuickBooks Online Wizard, the mapping of your tax rules in QuickBooks Online with DEAR Inventory is displayed. You must have tax rules set up in QuickBooks Online to map them to DEAR. Click Next.
- The Connect Wizard only allows tax rule mapping between QBO and DEAR if the tax rates and Sale/Purchase properties are equal. If DEAR has tax rules that do not have an equivalent in QBO, you will have to create these tax rules in QBO first. Then, click Reload tax rules from QBO to continue mapping.
- On the Payment Terms page of the QuickBooks Online Wizard, the mapping of your payment terms in QuickBooks Online with DEAR Inventory is displayed. You must have payment terms set up in QuickBooks Online to map them to DEAR. Click Next.
- On the Confirmation page of the QuickBooks Online Wizard, the summary of the mappings of your accounts, tax rules, and payment terms in QuickBooks Online with DEAR Inventory is displayed. Carefully review the mapping and ensure that they are correct. Once you are satisfied that the mapping is correct, enter the phrase "I would like to update all transactions" in the box at the bottom, then click Start Mapping.
While mapping is ongoing, your DEAR account will be locked and all users, including you, as the master user, will not be able to access DEAR Inventory. After migration is done, DEAR will send you an email, which will contain a link to the page in DEAR where you can export historical data to QuickBooks Online. If any error happens during migration, the email will contain information about the error, and you will be asked to contact DEAR Customer Support.