DEAR Inventory can be used either as a standalone accounting system or integrated with either Xero or QuickBooks Online. If you are already using either Xero or QuickBooks, a Connect Wizard allows easy integration of these systems with DEAR Inventory.
NOTE: This article covers the Xero Connect Wizard only. For more information on the QuickBooks Connect Wizard, see QuickBooks Connect Wizard.
Once your DEAR account is connected to Xero, the Xero Online Integration page will display the following sections:
- Integration Settings
- Cost of Goods Sold Maintenance
- Connect your DEAR account to another Xero organization
- Disable Xero Integration on your DEAR account. This involves clicking Disconnect on the page to disable the integration between Xero and DEAR.
Using the Xero Connect Wizard
The Xero Connect Wizard provides easy-to-follow steps for connecting Xero with DEAR.
NOTE: Before proceeding with integrating Xero or QuickBooks with DEAR, there are procedures you need to follow to ensure that the integration will go smoothly. For more information, see either QuickBooks Online Integration and Xero Integration.
To start integrating Xero with DEAR using the Xero Connect Wizard:
- On the DEAR menu, click Integration>Xero.
- On the Xero Online Integration page, the details of the integration status and the flow of data between DEAR Inventory and Xero is displayed. Click Connect to enable Xero integration.
NOTE: If you have previously set up integration between your Xero account and DEAR, there will be a Reconnect button instead of a Connect button on this page. However, the steps are essentially the same, except that the procedure will also disable the integration between DEAR and your Xero account.
- On the Welcome page of the Xero Connect Wizard, DEAR is set to keep your data by default. If you want to delete your data from DEAR, proceed to Step 4. If you want to proceed without changing this setting, skip to Step 5.
- To delete your data from DEAR, toggle the button to No. You will then be asked to select which data you want deleted. You can choose to delete either all data or transactional data only. If you select transactional data, you can also choose to delete all products, all customers, and/or all suppliers from DEAR. Not selecting any option during this step means that all transactional data (products, customers, and suppliers) from DEAR will be deleted.
- Click Continue to go to the login page for your Xero account. Enter your account credentials to log on to your Xero account and connect it to DEAR Inventory.
- You will then be redirected back to DEAR. Click Allow Access to let DEAR Inventory access your data.
- Back in the Xero Online Wizard, on the Mapping page, the mapping of your Xero account with DEAR Inventory is displayed. Manually set the correct Xero account if necessary. Click Continue.
- On the Tax Mappings page of the Xero Online Wizard, the mapping of your tax rules in Xero with DEAR Inventory is displayed. You must have tax rules set up in Xero to map them to DEAR. Click Next.
- On the Confirmation page of the Xero Online Wizard, the summary of the mappings of your accounts and tax rules in Xero with DEAR Inventory is displayed. Carefully review the mapping and ensure that they are correct. Once you are satisfied that the mapping is correct, enter the phrase "I would like to start migration to Xero" on the box at the bottom, then click Start Mapping.
While mapping is ongoing, your DEAR account will be locked and all users, including you, as the master user, will not be able to access DEAR Inventory. After migration is done, DEAR will send you an email, which will contain a link to the page in DEAR where you can export historical data to Xero. If there is any error during migration, the email will contain information about the error and you will be asked to contact DEAR Customer Support.