Setting up Xero Tracking Categories
Tracking categories created in Xero can be mapped in DEAR. Each time data is synced from DEAR to Xero, tracking categories will be populated with mapped values from DEAR, some examples include sales rep, locations, categories etc. To use tracking categories, first tracking parameters must be set up.
To set up tracking parameters within Xero:
- In Xero, navigate to Settings > General Settings
- Under Organisation, select Tracking
- Click Add Tracking Category to create new tracking categories in Xero. You can then enter a category name and category options.
- You will then need to navigate back to DEAR and map what information you want populated into these new tracking categories created in Xero.
- In DEAR, Navigate to Integration > Xero
- The Tracking Categories you set up in Xero will now appear on the left under Category 1 and Category 2. Choose which DEAR information you want to map to the tracking category and click Save Changes
Let’s take a look now what happens when we create an invoice and Sync to Xero:
When we sync the invoice to Xero it will now send over Sales Representative & Location details: