The Stocktake feature allows the user to verify the quantities and the condition of the stock physically in a specific location/warehouse. This process can be performed in a pre-defined schedule (e.g. annual, specific cycle count – weekly, monthly, quarterly).
Stocktakes will cause transactions to be generated and synced to your accounting records. If the stocktake is not “real” (i.e. in the case of correcting a data entry error), this can be skipped.
Perform a stocktake
When Stocktaking is in progress, the location of the stocktake is locked and its inventory cannot be used, sold or moved. If a user tries to authorise one of these processes during stocktake, they will receive an error message.
NOTE: Non-inventory products should be converted to Stock before they can be made available for stocktake.
To perform a stocktake:
Navigate to Inventory -> New -> Stocktake/Count.
Enter an Effective Date for the Stocktake.
Choose a Location.
Choose an Account.
Enter a Reference (optional).
Include Quantity on Hand in DEAR in the Stocktake by checking the box (optional).
Select additional filters for the stocktake. To add a filter, select it from the appropriate list, then click the + button to the right. You may filter by stock locator, category, brand, tag, bin, and pick zone. You can add as many filters as you want.
Click Start. All the items already in your DEAR inventory will be listed. This can now be compared with the actual stock levels.
Check quantities in the selected location and enter them into the Stocktake Quantity field.
- Manually - Enter stock quantities directly into DEAR
- Scan items - Click Scan to scan item barcodes or manually enter the barcode number. Scanning multiple units of item will automatically calculate the total stocktake quantity.
- Import Stocktake values - Click Export to download the stock details as a CSV file, edit the stocktake quantities in the spreadsheet, then upload by clicking Import.
You may have items in your Stocktake location that have not been entered into DEAR. For these items, in Zero Stock on hand Product, click + or Add more items and enter:
- Product Name
- Batch/Serial number if applicable
- Click Save to save as draft or Complete to finish the Stocktake. The location will now be unlocked and ready to be used for transactions and operations.
- Stocktake Report can be saved or printed by clicking Print -> Stocktake .
Once the Stocktake has been completed, the transactions generated will be visible at the bottom of the screen. These will be synced with your accounting application next time data is synced. In the case of a “fake” Stocktake, for example to correct a data entry error, this can be skipped.
User has the option to Undo this Stocktake. Clicking Undo will reverse all Stocktake transactions and change Completed Status to Draft.
To skip generating transactions for a stocktake:
Hover over Sync in the top toolbar.
Check the pending sync entries by clicking Products: [x] require sync.
Change the status of the Inventory adjustment manual journal (not product) entry from Pending to Skipped.