Load Products from Xero to DEAR
Since syncing with Xero can be "Both Ways", so if you have the products in Xero or have created them first in Xero and you'd like them to go to Dear, first, you'll need to make sure that those items are NOT being tracked in Xero.
To load products from Xero to DEAR:
- Go to your Xero account to check the items. In Xero, navigate to Accounts > Inventory
- Choose the relevant product and click on Edit Item
- Make sure the I track this item box is NOT checked.
NOTE: If the items are being tracked in Xero, you will need to untrack. This Xero article may assist on how this process is done https://help.xero.com/us/Inventory-TSUsed . You may also get in touch with Xero Support for more information.
- In DEAR, navigate to Integration > Xero integration
- Under the integration settings, enable Load items from Xero checkbox.
Once this section is enabled and you click on Sync Now in DEAR, this will sync the products created after this setting was enabled. For historical products or those created before this was enabled, see below.
To load historical products from Xero to DEAR:
- On the Sync screen, click the Load Historical transactions button.
- Select a Starting date of Import which is the date the products were created in Xero.
- Once the Sync was processed the products will be in DEAR and will have the Set Up Required status.
- To check your products, navigate to Inventory > Products > View All and make sure that you have NOT ticked on the Only Show the Active Products box, so the newly loaded items will be visible.
- To bulk update or change the status of all the products, you can Export your Inventory List, make any updates and/or change their Set up Required status to Active, then save and Import back to Dear so they'll be updated in Dear, and ready to be used in transactions.