DEAR Warehouse Management Solution
DEAR Warehouse Management System (WMS) integrates seamlessly with DEAR Inventory backend, streamlining your order fulfillment processes, while increasing your productivity and cutting costs in the warehouse. Partnering with Scan SKU mobile barcode scanner, DEAR WMS uses wireless barcode scanning to make order picking efficient and easy.
With its mobile app, it is easy to pick and pack the inventory using the guided walk paths to optimize the picking process and avoid human-errors if any.
- System Requirements
- Setting up DEAR WMS Mobile App
- Setting Working Area
- Understanding the Main Menu of DEAR WMS Mobile App
- Picking and Packing Inventory
- Receiving Inventory
- Receiving Inventory with PO
- Receiving Inventory without PO
- Warehouse Transfer
- Logging Out
Some of the features of DEAR WMS mobile application include:
- Pick - Allows you to pick items easily, either manually or using barcode scanner, from the warehouse to be included in the customer orders.
- Pack - Allows you to gather and pack the picked items to prepare them for shipment to the customer.
- Receive - Allows you to receive inventory with or without purchase orders. You can also change the location of the inventory.
- Working Area -Allows you to set specific DEAR store and location as your Working Area.
- Reduces picking errors through barcode scanning and order validation.
- Increases productivity with guided walk paths to optimize the picking process.
- Increases your fill rate and sales by leveraging real time visibility to inventory quantities and location.
- Provides more efficient and accurate inventory control by scanning serial and lot numbers
NOTE: DEAR (WMS) is only available for Android devices for now.
|System ||Requirements |
|OTG Support||To connect USB Barcode Scanner|
|DEAR recommended scanner (ScanSKU with integrated barcode scanner)||For Pick / Pack / Receive operations.|
- At least one active and populated DEAR store
- Understand Processing a Sale
- Android devices only
- Set up Carriers in Settings > Reference Books > Carriers
- Pick and Pack MUST be set to manual, not automatic. To change this setting go to Settings > General Settings > Sales Process Customization.
Setting up DEAR WMS Mobile App
The DEAR WMS app is available for free download on Google Play Store.
1. Navigate to Play Store on your mobile.
2. Search for DEAR WMS.
3. Tap Install.
4. Once the app is installed, tap Open.
5. Log into the app using the login credentials of your account.
You will now be able to use the DEAR WMS mobile app.
Changing Working Area
Working Area is the first screen you see when you log into DEAR WMS. You can select the specific DEAR store and location as your Working Area so that you can use the inventory from that store for picking and packing.
1. Select the required organization from the Organizations drop down list.
2. Select the location from the Locations list.
3. Tap Next.
NOTE: You can change your Working Area at any time from the Main Menu.
Understanding the Main Menu of DEAR WMS Mobile App
Once you set your working area, you will be able to access the DEAR WMS Main Menu.
You have the following options in the menu:
- Pick - To pick items easily either manually or using barcode scanner from the warehouse to be included in the customer order.
- Pack - To gather and pack the picked items to prepare them for shipment to the customer.
- Receive - To receive inventory with or without purchase orders. You can also change the location of the inventory.
- Working Area - To set specific DEAR store and location as your Working Area.
- Logout - To log out of the DEAR store and app.
- About - To view the mobile application version details.
Picking and Packing Inventory
Picking and Packing is a two stage fulfillment process of the supply chain management operation used in the retail distribution of goods. Picking process is where the products are picked from different warehouses based on customer orders. Packing process includes re-packing the products for each customer order along with shipping details and invoice.
- To use the Pick and Pack functions in DEAR WMS, you need an authorized sale order. Create and authorize a sale order in DEAR before continuing.
- Select a Carrier / Service in the document header of the sale order, before the sale order is authorized. If the Carrier / Service is not included before authorizing the sale order, you will have to Undo the sale order, set it back to draft, add the Carrier / Service and authorize again.
Picking or Order Picking consists of collecting specified quantity of products before shipping to fulfill orders of the customers. It is a logistics warehouse process and has a significant impact in Supply Chain Management. It is the most arduous and expensive process which takes up more than 60% of all warehouse activities.
Through the Pick option, you can pick the items for a particular sale order and keep them ready for the next process, packing.
Note: Expiry dates of products with costing method FEFO will not be taken into consideration during picking. Picking will be based on the guided walk path feature that is programmed into the application which suggests bin locations based on the bin name alpha-numerically.
1. Select Pick from the Main Menu of DEAR WMS.
2. The Pick screen will be displayed.
3. Search for an existing sale order by entering the order number or by scanning the UPC code or tap Search to display all authorized sales.
The Pick screen with all the authorized sales will be displayed.
4. Select an existing sale and tap Next.
The Select Totes screen will be displayed.
5. Enter the tote number in the Tote # field and tap Begin Picking.
The screen to select products for the order will be displayed.
6. Select the products by scanning the barcode or manually entering the SKU. After selecting all the products for the order tap Finish. The products of the sale order will be picked for Packing.
Packing or Order Packing includes packing the picked products for each customer order. It is a part of the supply chain management operation that ensures products are packed correctly and efficiently for shipping.
Using the Pack option, you can pack the items, for a particular sale order, in appropriately sized boxes and keep the box to be shipped.
1. Select Pack from the Main Menu of DEAR WMS.
2. The Pack screen will be displayed.
3. Enter the order number or tote number in the Enter Order # or Tote # field and tap Start.
The Pack screen with the selected order number will be displayed.
4. Select the products by entering the item number or manually scanning the barcode in the Enter Item # or Scan UPC code field.
5. After selecting all the products for the order tap Box.
6. Enter the width, length, height, and the weight of the box. Some default options may be available in the Box drop down list, depending on the Carrier / Service you have selected in the sale order.
7. Tap Save Box and the box will be ready to be shipped. If you have more picked products to be packed, tap Next Box. Tap Next Order to go back to the Pack screen. Tap Print Label to print a label with shipping details for the box.
- To print a label with shipping label for the box, your mobile phone must be connected to a printer.
- Please note if you do not want multiple fulfillments created, do not complete pack stage until all items are picked. If the application recognises that there is packing in progress/completed a second fulfillment will be created.
Receiving Inventory involves a series of activities including checking the quantity, quality and condition of the goods coming into the warehouse. Receiving Inventory into the warehouse, storing them in the right location (bins) allows you to keep a tab on the quantity in stock and to maximize the utilization of warehouse space.
With the Receive Inventory functionality on DEAR WMS, you can efficiently receive inventory to the warehouse and update the inventory effortlessly, without any errors.
1. Select Receive from the Main Menu of DEAR WMS.
2. The Receive Menu screen will be displayed.
You have the following options in the menu:
- With PO - To receive inventory with purchase orders.
- Without PO - To receive inventory without purchase orders.
- Warehouse Transfer - To transfer inventory between different bins.
Receiving Inventory with PO
Receiving Inventory with purchase order involves the process of the purchase order being raised first, then order is placed with a supplier and when the inventory is received at the warehouse, it is checked against the PO for the quantity and specifications of the received goods.
In DEAR WMS, you can receive inventory against existing purchase orders, using the Receive with PO option.
1. Tap With PO in the Receive Menu.
The PO Search screen will be displayed.
2. Search and select the purchase order for which you want to receive the inventory.
The selected purchase order, with the products, is displayed.
3. Tap the product you want to receive.
The purchase order screen with the selected product is displayed.
4. Enter the bin name in the Bin field, item number of the product you want to receive in the Item # field and tap Receive All. The inventory is updated. Tap Finish to go back to the previous screen and receive another item.
Receiving Inventory without PO
Inventory, for which a purchase order has not been raised, can be received into the warehouse using the Receive without PO option in DEAR WMS.
1. Tap Without PO in the Receive Menu.
The Select Supplier screen will be displayed. Select the supplier from which you want to receive inventory from the Supplier dropdown list and tap Load Product Data. Once the data is loaded tap Start.
2. Enter the item number or scan the barcode manually, for the product that you want to receive, in the Enter Item # or Scan UPC code field and tap Save.
The inventory is updated.
1. Tap on Warehouse Transfer in the Receive Menu.
The Change location to screen is displayed. Enter the bin name in the Change location to field and tap enter.
2. The Picking screen will be displayed. Enter the item number or scan the barcode of the product in the Item # or Scan UPC code field and tap Next.
3. The Item Details screen will be displayed. Enter the item number in the Item # field and tap Finish.
The selected item is transfered to the specified bin.
4. The Picking screen will be displayed with the details of the item picked. You can pick another item by entering the item number or tap Next to go back to the Change Location to screen.
To logout, simply tap on the Log out option in the Main Menu.