Shippit can be connected to DEAR as a Shipping Service. It can be used to estimate shipping rates and print shipping labels.
DEAR Inventory can also be integrated with Shippit from the Shippit app – this follows a different workflow from the one laid out in this article. To connect via Shippit, please follow their instructions.
- Familiarity with the Processing a Sale process (required)
- Familiarity with Products and Product Management (required)
- Base currency in DEAR, set via Settings > General Settings, MUST match Shippit account settings.
- Shippit Integration Setup
- Get Shipping Rates
- Label Printing
Shippit Integration Setup
First, you must connect DEAR to Shippit.
To connect Shippit to DEAR:
- Navigate to Integration -> Shippit.
- Enter your API Key and click Connect Shippit. You can find your API credentials in the API settings of your Shippit account.
Once connected, you'll be taken to the Shippit Integration Settings page. Here, you can customise some settings and add predefined package types. If you make any changes to the default settings, make sure to click Save Changes upon completing them.
Use Tax Rate From
This setting determines which tax rule will be applied to the shipping charge. The default setting is to use the Default Tax Rule for all customers and select from the list of available tax rules (see the Tax Rule for Shipping option below). The other option is to use the Customer tax rule, which is determined at the customer level during Shippit setup.
Tax Rule for Shipping
If the Default Tax Rule is selected in the Use Tax Rate From setting, choose the default rule to be applied here.
Currency in Shippit
Sets currency. This MUST match the currency value set in DEAR via Settings -> Reference Books.
Additional Shipping Margin
The additional margin to be added to the shipping cost passed on from Shippit to your customers. The number you enter here can be set as an absolute value or as a percentage in the Margin Value Is setting (see below).
Margin Value is
Sets the Additional Shipping Margin to either an absolute value or as a percentage. For example, if the additional shipping margin is 1 and set as an absolute value, this means that $1 will be added to the shipping costs in Shippit.
Click the Package Type button, enter a name for the package type and enter its dimensions. Weight must be in grams and width, height, and length in centimetres. Repeat until you've set up all your Shippit package types.
Authority to Leave
Set to Disabled by default. When set to Allowed, all packages shipped through Shippit are allowed to be left at the customer's shipping address even if the customer isn't there to receive it.
Send Notification on Shipping Label Generation
When set to Yes, a notification via email and/or SMS is sent to the customer upon generation of the shipping label.
Disconnect from Shippit
Disconnects Shippit as an available Shipping Service. You will have to connect Shippit to DEAR again if you want to add it back as a shipping service.
Get Shipping Rates
Shippit allows you to estimate how much shipping charges will be based on your shipping location to your customer's shipping address. This information can be used to set pre-determined Shipping Rates in DEAR.
Set Up Addresses in DEAR
To correctly calculate shipping rates, you must first define where you are shipping from. Add addresses to all of your locations to make sure your shipping rates are accurate.
To set up addresses in DEAR:
- Go to Settings -> Reference Books -> Stock -> Locations & Bins.
- To add more locations, click either + or Add more items.
- Enter a name and address for each location, then click Save.
Set Up Product Dimensions
To correctly estimate shipping rates in Shippit, the correct dimensions must be added to the product in DEAR. See Product and Service Management for more information about setting up products.
To set up dimensions in DEAR:
- Go to Inventory -> View All -> Products.
- Select the product, then at the bottom of the page, select the Dimensions tab.
- Enter the dimensions, then click Save.
Once the setup steps are complete, you can begin to estimate shipping rates on your sales orders.
Using Shipping Rate Estimates in DEAR
To get shipping rate estimates in DEAR:
- Create a sale order using Simple Sale or Advanced Sale.
- Add products to the order.
- Click Get Shipping Rates.
- Select Shippit from the list.
- On the Select shipping option window, select the carrier and service, then click OK.
Using Shipping Rate Estimates in B2B Portal
To get Shipping Rate Estimates in B2B Portal:
- Go to Integrations -> DEAR B2B Portal.
- On the Setup tab, scroll down to Shipping Service and select Shippit from the list, then click Save.
When selecting the shipping method during checkout, the available methods from Shippit will automatically be shown.
DEAR allows printing of shipping labels through Shippit integration (also supported by StarShipIt and ShipStation).
To print shipping labels:
- Use the standard sales process to create a sale order.
- On the document header, enter the shipping address.
NOTE: Make sure the shipping address is correct as it will be used for address verification.
- In the Ship tab, click Shipping Label.
- Enter all the required fields marked with an asterisk and click Generate Label.
- The carrier info, including the tracking number, will then be automatically entered.
- The Shipping Label is generated automatically via PDF. You can also print the label by clicking on Shipping Label, then selecting the shipment requiring a printed label.