DEAR - B2B Online Portal
DEAR Inventory B2B portal has been designed to enable your customers to browse and order from your catalogue 24/7. You can watch a video tutorial on B2B Portal or read the below article.
- Set up Contacts (necessary)
- Set up Addresses (necessary)
- Set up Locations (necessary)
- Set up Accounts (necessary)
- Familiarity with Processing a Sale (recommended)
- Setting up your portal
- Content Pages
- Email Templates
- Price Lists
- Invite your Customers
Setting up your portal
To begin setting up your custom B2B portal please navigate to Integration -> DEAR B2B portals.
Add New Shop
To add a new shop portal:
- Click + to Add a new shop
- Enter a name your portal (for internal use)
- Specify a unique domain name which will be used by your customers to access the portal
- This can be repeated for as many portals as you require.
In this section you can manage the settings for all custom portals you have added to DEAR Inventory. Select your portal from the top of the screen to change settings.
Your store URL is a link to your custom B2B portal. The URL can be changed at any point with Change Domain, however please note that customers with the previous URL will no longer be able to access your store.
Is active tick box allows you to activate/deactivate the portal. Once a portal is deactivated your customers are no longer able to login and browse your products. You may consider deactivating the account during maintenance of the product listings or any other changes being implemented.
Allow backorder tick box allows you to enable/disable backordering, if an order is placed through your B2B portal for an item that is not in stock. See here for more information on the backorder function.
Portal Type is an option to switch between B2B and B2C modes. Please note initial release contains B2B mode only.
Portal Contacts here you can select your Company Contact’s details to be displayed in the footer of the portal. Company contacts can be managed in Settings > Reference Books > Company Contacts.
Portal Address allows you to select one of the Company Addresses to be displayed in the footer of the portal. Company addresses can be managed in Settings > Reference Books > Company Addresses.
Portal Location is one of the locations you have setup in DEAR to manage your inventory. Orders placed by customers via the portal will be automatically marked for fulfilment from the specified location. The location can however be amended at the time of performing the Pick for the Order or changed in the Sale Order header. You can manage locations in Settings > Reference Books > Locations and Bins.
Show product images in Shopping Cart will allow you to toggle whether the customers will see product images in the shopping cart.
Sales Representative allows you to populate sales representative you would like to associate with the sale orders generated via portal. Sales Representative is a text field.
Create Sale As chooses how sales created via portal are automatically generated in DEAR. There are 3 options:
- Authorised Quote – does not reserve inventory and is a quote only.
- Authorised Order – reserves inventory for the order and is ready for fulfilment steps Pick, Pack, Ship and invoicing.
- Authorised Invoice – reserves inventory for the order and is ready for fulfilment steps Pick, Pack, Ship with customer invoice authorised and available for sync to your accounting application.
Invoice Template Select an Invoice Template for invoices printing from Web Portal. Templates can be managed in Settings -> Documents and eMail templates
Default revenue account is an account in Chart of Accounts that will be used to attribute the portal sales. If left blank, product, customer or default account mapping will apply to sale generated via the portal.
Show available quantity chooses whether to show the remaining available quantity of items to customers. There are 3 options:
- Hide – available quantity will not be shown.
- In/out of stock – actual quantity will not be shown, customers will see In or Out of stock.
- Show Quantity – actual available quantity for product will be shown.
Show price before discount tick box chooses whether or not the pre-discount price (if applicable) for an item is displayed crossed out next to the discount price.
Family price format for product families, choose the order in which prices are displayed
Products List Layout chooses the layout for how product tiles are displayed in the web portal
Show tax percentages tick box selects whether tax percentages will be shown in Checkout page.
Hide images in Product List tick box changes product tiles in product list to not have images.
Price List Template Select a Price List Template for invoices printing from Web Portal. Templates can be managed in Settings -> Documents and eMail templates
Allow Guest Access tick box enables Continue as Guest link in the web portal login page.
Price Tier For Guest User selects the price tier for users accessing the portal as guests. Only available if Allow Guest Access is enabled. For more information, see Price Tiers.
Google Analytics Tracker ID for users of Google Analytics, embeds analytics tracking on all pages.
Here you can specify the URLs of all platforms you use to communicate with your customer base.
In this section you can create all Shipping Methods available for customers using your B2B portal.
Click Shipping Method or Add All Existing Carriers and enter the Name, Amount and mark Shipping Method as active.
Tax rules associated with the customer record in DEAR will be used to apply to the Shipping Method you select and tax will be calculated accordingly in the Sale Invoice.
In this section you can create all payment methods available for customers using your B2B portal. Click Payment Method, enter Name and select Method type, then mark as active.
Clicking Remove Store will completely wipe sales history from the Log tab and any portal settings entered previously. Please consider unchecking the Is Active box in General Settings if you would like to only temporarily disable the portal.
To upload a company logo:
- Click Browse and choose a file to upload. Recommended size of logo is 200 x 100 pixels.
- Click Save to complete
In this section you can further customise the appearance of your portal by changing the colour schemes of the Header, Content and Footer areas.
Navigation bars will determine how customers browse your products in the portal. Horizontal and vertical bars can be used simultaneously to display Categories, Tags or Brands. Horizontal bar will display options at the top of the B2B screen. Vertical bar will display options on the left side of the B2B screen.
To set up portal navigation bars:
- Select what type of data you would like to show in Horizontal or Vertical navigation bars. Choose Disabled as an option in the dropdown menu to remove that bar from your portal
- Click Add to select from one of the options Categories, Tags or Brands.
- Click Save at the top of the settings page to complete.
This section contains a set of page elements which can be used to customise the appearance of your portal.
Click Section and add a Name, select Section Type and tick whether you would like the section to be visible to your customers.
There are three types of page elements available for selection.
Slideshow of images appearing in a sequence. Recommended image size 930x300px.
Once you have selected Carousel element you will then need to click Link and then Select file to upload an image. The next step is to link the image to product/s appearing in your portal. Use Filtered by drop down to filter products based on Brand, Category, Product (select specific product), Tag or enter URL. Repeat this process for every image you would like to add to carousel.
Group of banners
Group of banners is essentially a group of images which will appear next to one another on the portal.
Click Link to select and upload an image and then link the image to product/s appearing in your portal. Use Filtered by to filter products based on Brand, Category, Product (select specific product), Tag or enter URL.
Tabs element creates horizontal tabs which can be linked to product Tags.
Once you have selected Tabbed Pane element click Tag and enter Title and start typing the tag you wish to associate with the new tab.
Menus and Catalog
Element refers to the Horizontal and Vertical navigation bars which can be managed via Setup tab. It is included by default and you can only have one.
In this section you can show or hide products from appearing in the customer’s B2B portal view. Each portal can display a specific catalogue of products, for example, if you maintain multiple brands, you may consider publishing products from a specific brand to a particular B2B portal associated with this brand.
To change which products are visible in the customer's B2B portal view:
- Make sure the correct portal is selected before making any changes to the catalogue listings.
- Use one of the available options (Category, Family, Product Tag or Brand) to filter products you would like to list/delist
- Use List or Delist to publish or remove the product. If no selection is made or a search for product is performed, all products will be listed/delisted.
- Click Save to complete
Here you can edit the standard email templates that are sent to B2B portal users. Click Save Changes to complete.
In this section you can manage various information pages you would like to include in the footer of your B2B portal. The portal footer can include info such as Terms and Conditions, About Us, FAQs etc
To add a new page to the B2B portal footer:
- Click + Section
- Enter new Page Title and begin creating/formatting the text, table or image content you would like to make visible to your customers.
- Click Save to complete
Here you can add and edit price lists for the B2B portal.
To add a new price list:
- Click + Price List
- Enter a Price List Name
- Choose which Brands, Categories and/or Tags to add to the price list, and click Add
- Click Save to complete.
The Sales tab is a log of all Sales created by customers via the portal. The list of sales can be filtered based on status of the order which you can select from the drop down menu. Alternatively you can also search for an order by typing in the search box.
Invite your customers
To invite your customers to use the B2B portal:
- Navigate to Sale -> Customers
- Select a customer. You will need to ensure that the customer record contains a Contact with a valid email address.
- In the Invitations tab use the invite button (envelope) to send an email invitation to your customer.