search-icon

Implemented
Zapier Integration

started a topic over 8 years ago

I hear you are planning an integration with Zapier (as detailed on a suggestion on DEAR's old support site).

Can you please confirm if this is indeed the case?

Also, can you please provide an approximate delivery date for this integration?

thanks,
Ed

34 people like this idea
  • Hi It would be great to know if this is on the radar it would allow planning for other integrated Apps.

Thanks John

1 person likes this
  • Cheers Joshua, 

Great to hear that most of my wishlist is achievable. 

The customer link would be somethink like : https://inventory.dearsystems.com/Customer#7d871be5-874c-4af0-8c5e-9196992fce9c that allows you to link through to that DEAR customer account from an external source like a CRM.  

• Hi there,

Ive already submitted a ticket, however thought I would also post here in case someone can help me:

When I am in Zapier creating a trigger for when a Sales Invoice is authorised in DEAR, the fields that I am having available to me are only the "Event Type" and "Sale ID" -https://d.pr/i/tMgQs1

How can I get access to the fields from the order like Customer Name, Email, etc that is available when I set up a trigger in Zapier for a New Customer?

• Once this was released, I created a 3 step zap to take stripe credit card charges and add them as payments to their appropriate invoice. Zapier triggers when a New Stripe Charge happens and takes the SO # from the description of the transaction and then searches DEAR using the "Find a Sale Extended". As a result, outcomes the Sale ID. Then I use an action to "Add Sale Payment". This zap was working flawlessly until just over the weekend. It now produces an error: Required field "Sale ID" (taskID) is missing. Usually this is because that field was empty because a previous step didn’t provide the data it needed - you can read more about this sort of error. 

Can you please check the "Add Sale Payment" action and verify that it is working live as intended. I tried this using a different trigger still using the SO # as the search and I am getting the same results when it goes to add a payment. Again this zap was working perfectly before updates were made over the weekend. 

• That'd be great Joshua, where did you get the update that this is likely towards the end of the month?

• That's great news thank you.  Is there any visibility on likely timing please?  Thank you.  

• In case you are asking me, I do not know.  I just noticed the status change.  I do not see Zapier listed on the Development Roadmap yet. Hopefully coming soon.

http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/development-roadmap/

• Hi Thomas,

After getting the saleID from trigger, in Zapier you can execute search on sale endpoint to get full sale info (this is also created in Zapier by us). So you need to chain 2 steps. Trigger then search.

We have also added some additional new fields to sale trigger (Note: will be available after weekend update) "CustomerContactName", "CustomerName", "CustomerContactEmail" and ability to use sale search (by id) if you want to use any additional fields.

• Hi Thomas,

Could you please give it another go? we have rectified the issue.

Cheers

• Hi Mike,

When it goes to pull the Sales ID from the initial trigger in Step 1, I am getting an error message -

"Bargle. We hit an error searching for a salesearch. Error: Sale with specified ID not found"

https://d.pr/i/CuQP6m

• Let's add the action:  Add a Payment... 

Here is a vision: Run a Payment on Stripe -> Lookup the Sale by SO # (Search already built in this Beta) -> Add the Payment to the Invoice. 

• I see some people are already using it through my invite link. Feedback is welcome!

• Great suggestion. I check them out, but ending up going with Zoho because of its flexibility

Another great example: Zoho CRM connects to Zapier, but DEAR does not. That would be a very easy integration if a Zapier was available.

• Hey Mehdi, How hard would it be to add quotes into your zapier? We'd love to be able to push these across to our CRM (Pipedrive) to more easily manage.

Login or Signup to post a comment

34 people like this idea