search-icon

Implemented
Inventory / Sales Demand forecasting

started a topic over 9 years ago

Inventory demand forecasting Based on historical sales data, have a re-order point (when to order) and a quantity order point (How much to order)

Be able to integrate with http://www.lokad.com/salescast-sales-forecasting-software

Or at least export TSV files matching Lokad criteria to be able to import into Lokad for demand forecasting

28 people like this idea
  • Before Dear get to including a forecasting tool, could I suggest that the Re Order function be altered to have a minimum stock level and a MAXIMUM stock level. 

As for a forecasting tool, If I can prepare spreadsheets that allow me and my staff to see stock availability, average stock turn, stock on purchase order and when it's estimated to land, I recon Developers at Dear should be well placed to include a tool with little or no added cost.

1 person likes this
  • We currently use other software to maintain a forecast and plan production runs. We then enter into production in DEAR.  Being able to modify forecasts and input production into DEAR without having duplicate entries would be a huge plus for us. The functionality could be impressive. 

1 person likes this
  • Dear - can you please link the inventory / sales demand forecasting?

• Our business does not need this kind of forecasting at this time.

• Some simple sales forecasting and planning module must be, as well as visualization of planned purchase orders vs sales forecast for quick identification of possible stock-out/ overstock.

Currently I can see only quantities on order with dates when goods should arrive per SKU. When you are analyzing stock levels vs planned orders vs current sales it is a real headache to open each SKU, check quantities and dates when product will arrive and to align this info with sales trends/forecast....

• I don't see this on the roadmap ???

Am I blind, or is it not on there...

• Hello,

We are pleased to inform that we are planning to add "Inventory / Sales Demand forecasting" to the Development roadmap. Please check the Development roadmap periodically for updates.

Sincerely,
    The DEAR Team

Login or Signup to post a comment

28 people like this idea