DEAR POS allows sales returns, though you can only complete a return on fully-paid sales (including Account Sales and layby sales). A return will not be processed on Open on Account, layby sales or existing return transactions.
Table of Contents
Processing a POS Return
[back to top]
To process a return:
- Navigate to Sell > Sales History.
- Search for the sale you would like to return by entering the receipt number or customer name in the search bar.
- Click the sale record.
- Click Return to continue.
- Select the product to be refunded. The refund amount is automatically computed and displayed on the screen.
NOTE: If there is no customer attached to the original sale, you will be asked to add a customer to the return. Add a generic customer if you wish to process random returns.
- Click Refund.
- On the Refund Amount window, choose if you want to refund cash, or give store credit or loyalty points. If the amount was paid using a credit card, you will also have the credit card refund option available. DEAR allows payment made via non-cash methods to be refunded to either card or cash.
- Click Confirm to process the refund.
NOTE: Even if a card payment provider is configured for a POS register, it will process refunds as if payment setup is set to Card payment not integrated. This is because refunds are not processed through the register’s integrated payment system, e.g. Tyro.
Processing a POS Return without an Existing Sale
[back to top]
This feature allows users to process refunds of historical sales, or sales from before the time they started using DEAR POS. With this feature, a user/cashier can generate a refund without an existing sale. In order to do so, the user/cashier should add the product(s) first and then generate the refund and check out.
NOTE: The refund will be transparent to DEAR users and will NOT have an impact on real-time money flows.
To perform a standalone refund:
- On the DEAR POS menu, click Sell > Sales History.
- On the Sales History page, click the hamburger menu on the top right, then click on No Receipt Refund.
- Enter a Receipt Number. By default, the refund will adjust your stock of the product. Toggle the Allow Stock Adjustment button to No if you don't want stock to be adjusted.
- Click Continue.
- Select or search for the product(s) to be refunded from the list.
- Click Confirm.