search-icon

Dear Ebay Quantity Management Tools Request.

started a topic almost 2 years ago

Hi Dear Support,

We need the ability to manage the quantities for items being pushed to eBay using some simple rules; these rules should be able to be set at the base integration level, but then also be overridden by settings established at the Profile level. For example, the two most important settings that are necessary:Choose the option to only send an item to eBay if there is more than X quantity available; if an item is already listed on eBay and the available stock falls below this control number, Dear should be able to end the listing.Choose how many of a given should show as available on eBay; even if we have 20+ in stock, it may be better to just list ONE or TWO at a time on eBay so we don't run through our listing limits too quickly with expensive items. Those are the two most important missing features when it comes to listing products. As it is now, if you have a quantity of 50 of a certain product and want to push it to eBay, it sends all 50. The problem with sending too many of a single item is the limits that eBay sets on selling value. If you have a value limit of, let's say $100K, then sending a quantity of 50 for an item that retails at $2K uses up the entire allowance....leaving you no room to list any further items. And with regard to low stock items, when you have a warehouse as large as ours, the lower the stock levels get on some items, the more unreliable those numbers become...so it would be important to be able to block or pull any items from eBay that have stock levels lower than 3, for example. I've used at least 10 different tools over the years to manage eBay shop connections with various ECM platforms, and this is the only one I've ever seen where you don't have simple tools for handling the quantities similar to what I've outlined above. As it has been explained to me by the folks at Dear, the expectation is that we will list items one at a time, manually logging into eBay and adjusting the quantities after pushing each item one at a time. I've got 10's of thousands of items. There just isn't enough time in the day to manage it the way Dear recommends. Please, if you see the value in the suggestions I've put forward, support this thread so that DEAR development takes notice.

Thank you!

2 people like this idea
  • This would be a game-changer for managing large scale Ebay stores through Dear. Please bump this up!

Choose the option to only send an item to eBay if there is more than X quantity available; if an item is already listed on eBay and the available stock falls below this control number, Dear should be able to end the listing.

Choose how many of a given should show as available on eBay; even if we have 20+ in stock, it may be better to just list ONE or TWO at a time on eBay so we don't run through our listing limits too quickly with expensive items. 

Login or Signup to post a comment

2 people like this idea