search-icon

Remove navigation of Inventory > Products > Import > Stock On Hand

started a topic over 2 years ago

I strongly recommend removing the navigation of Inventory > Products > Import > Stock On Hand 

Since adding Open Stock On Hand to DEAR should only be done when getting started with DEAR, there is no need for such easy navigation.  It works well having it deep inside DEAR at Settings > Reference Books > Open Balances > Stock On Hand > Import Opening Stock On Hand from CSV.  

I have seen many businesses mistakenly think that the feature at Inventory > Products > Import > Stock On Hand will update stock counts to whatever they specify in the CSV file.  Little do they know that they are *adding* stock to DEAR, not adjusting stock counts.  

I have seen this problem enough that I aways emphasize the following and suggest that it be in the SOPs for training employees using DEAR.

WARNING: Do not ever use the Inventory > Products > Import > Stock On Hand for adding stock to DEAR. You should use Purchase Orders and Stock Adjustments in most cases to add stock to DEAR. Stocktakes are used when doing full physical stock counts. Do not ever use the Inventory > Products > Import > Stock On Hand for adding stock to DEAR - it is only used when initially setting up DEAR.

• The above warning in red, might be better stated:

WARNING: Do not ever use the feature found at Inventory > Products > Import > Stock On Hand.  It is only used when initially setting up DEAR.

You should use Purchase Orders and Stock Adjustments in most cases to add stock to DEAR. Stocktakes (Inventory > Products > New:Stocktake) are used when doing full physical stock counts.

Login or Signup to post a comment