search-icon

Upload an Order - Without Prices

started a topic about 4 years ago

When uploading sale order lines with a CSV it makes sense that SKU and Quantity are mandatory.  At the moment prices are also mandatory. Is it possible to make prices optional and have them propagated from PriceTier and Customer Special pricing that matches the Customer the order is for (or default to PriceTier1 if no customer has been specified). 

At the moment to use the CSV import I have to 'lookup' the prices into the CSV instead of being able to trust DEAR to provide the correct pricing defined for the customer.

5 people like this idea
  • Totally agree, pricing should not be required in the upload.
  • I have run into this problem as well.  Your suggestion makes sense.

• My current workaround for this is to fill the csv price column with any random number of your choice. After uploading you can click on the apply discount button and it will fill the prices and apply the correct pricing for the customer according to their Price Tier and pricing specific to that customer. Hope this helps your situation.

• Wow, hat's so much easier than my current workaround!  Thanks so much for the tip.

(I still think it would be nicer if DEAR would put in the default price if no price was present.)

1 person likes this
  • This is an issue for us and seems like it would be an easy enough fix?!

• Hello!

Please try inputting the price as 0.00001 and this will be uploaded as zero prices.

• Sorry Yohan, I think you've missed the point.

It is not Zero prices that are desired. What is desired is to not need to have any price in the upload but instead to have the system propagate the price from Tier / Discount / Matrix / Custom pricing.

• Hi Steve,

Understood. However, it seems we are not able to leave that empty. So, entering a price of 0.00001 will end up importing the line without a price to your sale as we supposed on 4 d.p.

• This feature is essential. Most people above here get it. We should be able to upload product number and quantity only and allow the dear system to propogate the price based on the customer and their default price structure. Customers come to us with their list of products and quantities and ask us to come back to them with a price.  If I could give this info to a customer easily in a csv form, then I wouldn't need to upload it into Dear! It's a no brainer. Please implement immediately.

• Yohan, that's the point. We want it changed so we can leave that field empty. So all we need to provide is the product and the quantity. Let DEar populate the correct price according to the customer and price tier. Not hard.

Login or Signup to post a comment

5 people like this idea