search-icon

On Hand first, then Available

started a topic over 4 years ago

Hello,

I noticed that when a sale order imported from a sale channel such as Shopify and if the item on the order has the box Auto-assembly/Kit ticked, DEAR will then auto assemble the product and take it from there, instead of checking the ON HAND inventory first, even the product has positive quantity ON HAND.

For example, I have 100 of the SMALL BIKE already assembled and this will be my ON HAND inventory. But when I have a sale order of 50 small bikes coming from Shopify, DEAR will ignore the 100 small bikes I already have assembled, and automatically build another 50 small bikes from the components and parts I have available for the order instead. But in reality, we would fulfill the order with 50 of the bikes we already have assembled.

Ironically, when the sale order is manually created on DEAR, it would first check the ON HAND inventory before creating any assemblies for it. When I reached out to support, they said that's how DEAR is designed to work, which makes no sense to me.??

So could you guys PLEASE consider making DEAR to check the ON HAND inventory first before auto assembling anything as the way it should?

Thank you very much for considering this.

Anh Nguyen

1 person likes this idea
  • Yes! We would very much appreciate this development, as well. This has created some weird glitches in our stock movements and we'd love to see it resolved. 

What is the underlying logic for auto-assembling additional inventory when there is some already on hand?! We don't get it... 

• Yes! We would very much appreciate this development, as well. This has created some weird glitches in our stock movements and we'd love to see it resolved. 

What is the underlying logic for auto-assembling additional inventory when there is some already on hand?! We don't get it... 

Login or Signup to post a comment

1 person likes this idea