Add Import and Export file links to Sales Order Pick screen
The workflow we have is as follows:
1. We send quotes to prospective clients for (serial number type) products which will be manufactured specifically for this order, by a partner manufacturing supplier of ours.
2. Once the sales quote is accepted by our client, we approve the quote and approve the related sales order on Dear, choosing "ReOrder Backordered".
3. We then place a Purchase Order in Dear for the full quote (all items), and all items are manufactured for us - with unique serial numbers per item manufactured.
4. The manufacturer sends us the order when it is completed, and provides us with a list of all serial numbers in a file. These could be a single SKU, with 500 individual serial numbers.
5. The excellent feature to export and import the items in the Purchase Order Receiving section, allows us to create 500 lines for the SKU, and add the individual serial numbers, and then import the csv file. This correctly allocates all of the serial numbers to the goods received into stock. So far so good.
6. We now return to the Sales Order that triggered this manufacture, and we want to import the serial numbers into the pick so that the 500 manufactured items can now be associated with the Sales Order. The problem is that the import and export file links do not appear in the pick stage of a Sales Order on Dear. This means that someone needs to manually copy and paste 500 serial numbers into the pick lines of the order on the browser screen, which takes a very long time to do.
7. Is is possible to add a file import and export feature on the Sales Order pick screen of simple and advanced sales to allow us to import serial numbers in bulk?
11 people like this idea