B2B Portal - Stock In / Stock Out Flag with Back Orders Not Allowed

I hope I am not the only one that sees the need for this feature. 

It seems to me that there is likely to be a large number of people using Dear Systems B2B that would want to show the status of a product in the B2B portal (In or Out of Stock) but would NOT want the product backordered – in other words if it is out of stock it is out of stock end of story and cannot be added to the basket. It is VERY important to be able to show the status. Otherwise, as it is currently implemented, if you do not allow back orders customers using the system don’t know that you carry the product if there are none in stock – it just doesn’t appear. 

The logic I would have thought would be that if the In/Out stock flag is set as the default in settings and Back orders are not allowed then the product will appear in the B2B catalog and show as out of stock but what will be missing will be the “Add to Basket” button. Obviously there is a nuance where you might have some in stock but not enough to satisfy the request but then the system simply truncates to the actual number available with a relevant message. 

This setting and behaviour would change my life (and hopefully the life of many others) :)

Login or Signup to post a comment