search-icon

Planned
Dear B2B Portal email replies

started a topic almost 5 years ago

We are about to start using the DEAR B2B portal, in final stages of setting it up. So far we think it's going to be  great!

It seems that all the auto reply emails (eg when a customer requests a copy of their order/requests a new pass word etc) the email that arrives is sent from DEAR, rather than us as the business. It would be great if the email could be sent form us and the customer was able to reply to it. Similar to what happens in Xero.

Thanks in anticipation. Lucy

If our customer replies to this email, their reply will come to you???

3 people like this idea
  • You're right Lucy, the sent email goes from Dear and no record on the sales order or customer file. It would be great to see the sent copy of the email attached to the SO. But replies come to the company email in the system, doesn't go back to DEAR 
  •  Thanks for your comment Daniel, our replies are going to DEAR support. Ie when the customer receives the email (eg with SO attached, or even reset password etc) the email comes from DEAR, not our business. Have you found a way around this? We have tested this with a dummy customer we  set up in DEAR which we have been using to test the system before we launch and invite out actual customers. So we have add to the subject line - Do Not reply. But I find it frustrating when I get an email form someone with that, its great to be able to simply reply to the sender.

1 person likes this
  • Can I suggest you check this setting under Settings > General Settings?

I think any of the options with '...[sent from the system]' will use a Dear email address. If you select either 'Company's billing contact' or 'Current logged in user', it will come from your own email address. Subsequently, email replies will also come back to the same email....

We use 'Company's billing contact' which is a generic email like 'sales@....' or 'admin@...', rather than individual users' email addres.

You could double check with Dear Support (via a ticket) to verify this though....

•  oh that looks promising, does this apply in the B2B portal email templates too?
    When we simply email a customer a copy of their invoice it comes from us and they reply to us. It's just the B2B email templates we are having trouble with. I asked DEAR support and was told it wasn't fixable.

I appreciate your time and help, can you kindly tell me where in General Setting? I have had a look and can see that "send e-mails from" anywhere?

• This is just in the General settings in the main Dear module... > https://inventory.dearsystems.com/TenantGeneralSettings > screenshot below.

I don't know of any B2B specific settings for this function, but I just assume they reflect this setting... in saying that I havent tried it . Maybe i need to look into it too :)

•  Thanks for sharing that, yes we are set up like that, it does not seem to effect the B2B email templates (ie invite to B2B, invoices for order & reset password). We launched our B2B portal today and invited all our customers to accept the invitation. I have to say it's disappointing that the email comes into their Inbox from "DEAR" looks fairly spamy and when they reply, they reply to support@dearsystems.com. I have been told this reply will bounce. We followed it with an EDM so it wont seem as spamy, fingers crossed.

The other issue I have found is when they click "forgot password", the message reads

"Still having issues? Contact Customer Support"    Which links to DEAR customer service!!! 

Not good at all if you ask me. Hoping someone will resolve these issue for us asap.

• That's a really good point Lucy, i didnt realise it was configured like this - quite clunky and makes for a horribly inconsistent customer experience for our clients...

An alternative in the meantime, is to generate the invite link and send them the email separately... could possibly do it in bulk via mailmerge, or mailchimp or something - would be time consuming but may have better results and better customer experience.

Agree that DEAR needs to solve this ASAP to optimise this for our clients' UX

• That's a really good point Lucy, i didnt realise it was configured like this - quite clunky and makes for a horribly inconsistent customer experience for our clients...

An alternative in the meantime, is to generate the invite link and send them the email separately... could possibly do it in bulk via mailmerge, or mailchimp or something - would be time consuming but may have better results and better customer experience.

Agree that DEAR needs to solve this ASAP to optimise this for our clients' UX

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment

3 people like this idea