Planned Pack Size functionality in Products
In addition to Reorder Qtys, and Min Before Reorder levels, we really need Pack Size functionality.
Reorder Qtys really relate to MOQs (min order qtys) in the Purchasing process, not in the Sales process.
Whereas Pack Sizes are used in the Sales process, etc.
I'm sure there'd be many other wholesale businesses who stock products that come in Inner cartons & Outer cartons, but these may not necessarily reflect the Reorder Qtys.
E.g the MOQ of an item might be 100, but the Pack Sizes are 10.
So when ordering from your supplier the min qty is 100, and PO's must be placed in multiples of 100. But when selling to customers you can sell in qtys of 10.
Pack Sizes could be utilised as follows:
- Enforceable/Suggested Qty* during the sales process - both the normal SO module and in B2B portal
- Enforceable/Suggested Qty* during Stock Transfers / Warehouse Replenishment
- Deals & Discounts - create deals associated with Pack Sizes (I know this can be done now by entering the pack size manually, but it would be great to be able to create them simply e.g. Discount = 5% off Pack Size)
- Show on the B2B Portal in Product details/Specifications view
- PO Stock Receiving and Stocktake, so you can count stock items in pack sizes (and it automatically converts it in individual unit qtys)
- ... please add your ideas!
*Enforceable could have at least 3 levels:
- Enforced - Order Qtys MUST be multiples of Pack Sizes
- Suggested - during the SO process, when entering a qty which is not a multiple of the Pack Size, pop-up suggests to order in the Pack Size, but is not enforced. Alternatively, the current drop-down list could show the Pack Size alongside Stock Availability
- Off - not in use
14 people like this idea