search-icon

Planned
Need better status reporting for Advanced Sales in Sales - General View

started a topic over 5 years ago

Currently, status in the advanced sales is calculated differently compared to the simple sales due to the multiple fulfillments/invoices. The status for Advanced Sales on the General View page currently only goes from Ordered/Backordered to Completed. You need to check the other views (Accounting/Fulfillment View) to see the status of sales orders created in advanced sales.  The order has no updates at all until it is completed - meaning no updates to its status until it has been shipped, invoiced, and paid.  Having no indication of status changes for Advanced Sales on the General View is not sufficient.  

Salespeople and management use the General View because it gives them information for both invoicing and fulfillment as opposed to needing to go to two other pages to understand the status of the order.  If some form of fulfillment has been started, then I would argue there should be some other sort of status change for an Advanced SO in the General View.  Also note, that there is no good way to tell the difference between an Advanced Sale and a Simple Sale in the General View, so it looks like the Simple Sales are being fulfilled and the Advanced Sales are not.  Technically, there is a way to tell the difference between a simple and advanced sale by noting whether there is a checkbox for the row, or not, which would theoretically tell the user to ignore the status column and go look at the Fulfillment or Accounting View to get the real status. This is very poor usability in my humble opinion and needs to be addressed.

If some form of fulfillment has been started, then there should be some sort of status change for an Advanced SO.  The status could simply be "Fulfillment Started" if any part of a fulfillment is started (e.g., Authorized Pick) and "Invoicing Started" if any part of invoicing has started.

10 people like this idea
  • I have run into this issue again for a client.  There needs to be improved status reporting support for Advanced Sales.  Thanks!

• See similar feature request here: 

Order status for advanced order

•  Over a year and still no fix. Come on IT, please sort this out.

• Please fix this obvious issue that shouldn't be. I don't like being told I have to set reminders to manually action a status update. I feel that's the job of an inventory management system.

• Don't forget advanced purchase orders have the same issue!

Login or Signup to post a comment

10 people like this idea