search-icon

Custom currency exchange vs automatic currency exchange rate for Suppliers

started a topic almost 6 years ago

There are some instances where suppliers and the organisation will have contract agreements to hedge currency. 

It is great the currency exchange rate can be overridden when the purchase order is raised to honour a different exchange rate as part of the purchase.

Would it be possible to add a feature that enables a set currency exchange rate to be saved against a supplier for a period of time or permanently? This would coincide with any contractual agreements with the supplier.  

6 people like this idea
  • I support this escpecially as we hedge and set a rate for 12 months and integrate with Xero.  Xero allows the setting of an exchange rate but DEAR doesn't, this results in inconsistency and having to change every single transaction to ensure that the exchange rate matches our set rate.  It is a non value adding activity that isn't necessary....

Thanks

1 person likes this
  • I was wondering whether there was a way to permanently or temporarily save a currency exchange rate against a supplier. This would be in accordance with the terms of any supplier contracts.   Since Xero lets users specify an exchange rate but DEAR doesn't, we're always having to manually adjust transactions so that they all reflect the correct exchange rate.  It's not essential and doesn't provide any value, so why bother?

phrazle

• I was wondering whether there was a way to permanently or temporarily save a currency exchange rate against a supplier. This would be in accordance with the terms of any supplier contracts.   Since Xero lets users specify an exchange rate but DEAR doesn't, we're always having to manually adjust transactions so that they all reflect the correct exchange rate.  It's not essential and doesn't provide any value, so why bother?

• Striking the right balance between paper io automation and resource utilization is key to paper io 2 harnessing the full potential of plugin cron schedules.

Login or Signup to post a comment

6 people like this idea