search-icon

Implemented
B2B Portal - Shipping calculator

started a topic over 6 years ago

We are welcoming all users to post suggestions here regarding shipping calculator within our B2B portal. Any recommended 3rd party shipping providers etc. 

13 people like this idea
  • That's great what PLEASE expedite the integration will shipping costs based on dimensions and weight from Shipstation! That would be so fundamental

• I love the progress so far. We can currently set shipping zones to be an entire country or an entire province/state within a country. It would be great to also specify a city. 

Shipping rates within the same city as the warehouse are far reduced as compared to the rest of the province/state. 

Shipping directly to a city rather than a rural location is also more cost-effective. 

Being able to break down the shipping zones into cities would be helpful. 

• I would like to see a shipping option of "in person pick up". 

Some of our customers submit their orders online but then want to come in person to pick it up. 

• Shipping cost estimation has been released for ShipStation and Shippit services. Integrated to Both DEAR application and B2B Portal. StarShipIt service integration for shipping cost estimates will be rolled out in 1-2 weeks.

2 people like this
  • Awesome!

1 person likes this
  • The ShipStation integration is great but I can't implement it until some customization is available.  As seen in my screenshot there are just too many options being displayed, including options for flat rate boxes that the item would never fit in.  We need to be able to limit which carriers and which options from those carriers show up.  We also need to be able to add a customizable handling fee and carrier pickup fee (for example, FedEx charges us for pickups so we need to be able to add that cost in for the FedEx orders only).  

I'm not sure how the integration is calculating the size for the shipments but I found one case where the integration estimate and the actual cost are about $20 difference ( for next day air in actual box size $73 vs integration shipping calc $55).  

• Adding Shipping Zones has been a huge bonus in DEAR.  However, I am surprised DEAR has not go as far as implementing shipping zones down to postcode level.  In Australia, shipping to Perth is very different cost to shipping to Kalgoolie which happens to be in the same state.  To be completely satisfied, I would like to see a similar import feature like Neto has.  This is brilliant from Neto and has been a pain point for our customers who have considered switching to DEAR https://www.netohq.com/support/s/article/Import-shipping-zones

Greg Kelly - DEAR Expert Partner

Coconut Consulting

Melbourne, Australia

• Thanks Gred, we have  added enhancement to Shipping Zones module to our roadmap

1 person likes this
  • Our shipping is generally calculated based on a % of the total order value and also postcode based. It would be great to be able to set up shipping zones based on these variables. 

• Has there any been any progress with a shipping calculator being introduced? We charge our customers a percentage of the order total. Something like this would be really helpful. This thread was started over a year ago so it would be great to see something put into action!

• It would be great if you could bulk update ship zones weight based rates with a csv file!!!!

• I think they best option would be to have carrier calculated rates based of the the apis provided by FedEx, UPS, etc in addition to the existing options. It really makes the most since, and would not require a separate and unnecessary third party like ShipStation. Is this a possibility?

• Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to do per unit freight charge in Dear B2B?

We sell cups and I would like to change $0.50 cents per each cup ordered. I currently have to manually do this.

•  We use 3PL and so far we cannot integrate with their system for rates. The below suggestions is super basic and surely should be minimum for a shipping calculator so you can enter your own rates?

Interaction! Nice!

For me it's basic :

+ Shipping rates calculated by weight

+ Shipping rate calculated by volume

But the best option is shipping rate by Volumetric Weight

Thanks it's really nice to have you guys brainstorming with us on features.

Cheers :-)

• This works, but not perfectly on the B2B portal for us. since we have two types of B2B customers. Some are paying on account, and others are prepaid only.

for the prepaid customers we would use the shipstation integration and the associated calculator to charge for shipping right away. for account customers we determine shipping cost during fulfillment and bill later.

Currently only one option or the other exists on b2b, either use the calculator or don't. Can it be possible to have the shipping calculation and methods be presented based on which customer is logged in to reflect the different processes between prepaid and on account customers?

Devin

Login or Signup to post a comment

13 people like this idea