search-icon

Report filters auto complete, even when you choose "Begins With"

started a topic over 3 years ago

The point of "begins with" or "contains" or "like" is to use substrings. 
For example, on the inventory movement details report, Reference "begins with" "TR-" is the obvious way to select all Stock Transfers.

However, the filter builder always does autocomplete. You can not enter "TR-" if there is one or more transactions on the report. If you have a transaction TR-0001 then you can only do "begins with" TR-0001 which destroys the value of 'begins with'.

I reported this as a bug and was redirected to leave a feature request.

The work-around is to make sure there are no rows on the report by using a date with no transactions. Build the filter; it doesn't try to autocomplete now. Then choose the date range you want. 

1 person likes this idea
  • I also encountered such problems when I used filter builder to sort out a particular kind of transactions from the report by using "contains", for example.

To avoid autocomplete by the system, you can enter "TR-" firstly, then click "Delete" (to delete "0001") and click "Enter" (to move the cursor away from the input box). You made it.

• HI Tony, for me that doesn't work, may be my browser, but I can't get focus away before autocomplete kicks in. It seems like a silly situation so fingers crossed that it gets picked up as bug.

Login or Signup to post a comment

1 person likes this idea