search-icon

Implemented
20K SKU limit?!

started a topic almost 7 years ago

I was trying to get started with Dear to use for my physical store and Shopify website that have a shared inventory. Through the process I was told there is a 20,000 sku limit. We are just a small children's clothing boutique in a 1000 sq foot location, yet we go through about 15,000 sku's pre season. You guys are starting this new POS system which based on website images of the POS with displaying clothing items, and offering laybuy that you certainly want this to be used in the clothing industry. It seems like your maximum LIFETIME sku limit is a severe hindrance to what kind of clothing store could use your system.  There is no way to delete sku's because they are used transactions and need to stay anyway for historical reporting.

It seems like any retail store that has seasonal inventory will not be able to use your system for very long before hitting 20,000 sku's

I don't know if raising the sku limit is considered a "feature" or not, but I would like to suggest that it be increased to a great extent and also a module for easily bulk deleting old products (maybe being able to sort by the last time they were sold). OR keeping them for reporting purposes but bulk mark them as inactive so that the system can just ignore them except for when someone is doing old history reports, that way they aren't a constant drain on the database.

I really want to try to use Dear but my initial import would be around 15,000 sku's (many of which are 0 qty) and I will be adding another 15,000 or so through July and August.

Thanks so much! I hope to be able to use Dear one day, its the only system that has specific functions related to Shopify that I need.

Stephen

10 people like this idea
  • Hi All,

Thank you for your patience, after successfully testing the improvements, the SKU limit has been increased to 100,000. We hope this will be sufficient to cater to your needs in near future. Please let us know if you would like to discuss further.

Thank you

DEAR Support

2 people like this
  • DEAR Limitations? 100,000 SKU's.

I am currently looking at implementation of the DEAR Inventory System to a client. My only concern is the way this client works is to have all of their suppliers stock lists on their system so that they can look up a part for a customer, and order from the system. This means that they want to maintain all of their suppliers [which are several] catalogues on the system, even though they would never [or be unlikely to] stock all of the suppliers products. Is there a way to implement this in DEAR, particularly with 100,000 max SKU's? 

Currently they upload each suppliers catalogue of parts, so they can lookup whatever a customer wants from their POS system, and order it in from the supplier, for the customer. Their current system will only add the item to stock when it is "actually ordered".

Is this currently possible, without exceeding the limitations in DEAR [ie 100,000 SKUs]

I look forward to your earliest reply,

Thanks

Peter

1 person likes this
  • We also need an answer to Peter's question.

• If you want to look up items, they need to be in Inventory
Login or Signup to post a comment

10 people like this idea