search-icon

Implemented
Refund customer via customer credit page

started a topic almost 7 years ago

In order to refund a customer their remaining store credit, we had to create a service called "REFUND". We then have to process an order for this "REFUND" service with a product price that matches the customers remaining store credit. We then take this to the "Credit Note" stage and refund the customer.

We would like a feature that would allow us to "Refund Amount to Customer" in the customer credit page so we don't need to go through all these steps.

8 people like this idea
  • This is such a required feature.... I cant believe this is not implemented. Its not a feature request as far as im concerned. Its a bug. How can you receive money against an order but not be able to refund it? You can see the credit against the customer but in the same window can not do anything with it? I totally agree that you need a button in the customer credits page that enables refund.

Currently the only way we can deal with it is created an item called Fresh Air of which we create an order for against the customer using the exact same amount we want to refund. Then create a credit note, Then a refund... for an invoicing and inventory management system this is insane.

1 person likes this
  • I'm just in the middle of trying to refund customers I have a few to do, this is insane!! please rectify this and add a refund customer button!! The whole customer credits in Dear Inventory is a source of major frustration for our business!!

1 person likes this
  • We have added Customer Credit functionality . Please check all details here  https://dearsystems.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/11000034571 

• Hi Guys,

I just had a look and cant see the functionality you note. I still can not 

1. See where you can receive money not against a product but just against the customer.

2. In the list of customer credits, how can i refund a credit not against an invoice/sales order.

Maybe im missing something. Can you please explain?

regards,

Ben

• I also agree with the above. I'm about to start using the B2B Portal and it seems that the only way to refund a customer is through the Stripe integration. The problem is, this action doesn't relay any information back to DEAR which means DEAR will show the order as paid, and Stripe shows the transaction as refunded. I'm still working with someone on this in another ticket but right now it seems like the only way around it is to refund through Stripe and then credit it in DEAR (and make a note of the change) to make things sync.

• It is unbelievable that Dear doesn't have such a basic feature and we have to still work around it. It's been three years when it was requested. They should start listening to their customers. 

https://support.dearsystems.com/support/discussions/topics/11000033913

Login or Signup to post a comment

8 people like this idea