search-icon

Use manually assembled auto-assembly items in Finished Goods Production

started a topic over 7 years ago

Hi There.

We would like the ability to Manually assemble auto-assembly items (This feature does exist), and then use those manually assembled items in Finished Goods production as part of a parent BOM (This feature does not exist). 

The Use Case is that when we receive a new order, we usually build the parts Just-In-Time, so auto-assembly works perfect for us. However, sometimes we know an order is about to come in, and thus we decide to start pre-building some of the auto-assembly items that fall in as part of a parent BOM to save time and deliver faster. The system doesn't allow us to account for this.

It would be great if the system identified that there were manually assembled auto-assembly BOM items in stock and asked us if we would like to use those ones or not.

Thanks

Regards

Itai

6 people like this idea
  • I agree with this as quite often we will build extra kits up in our slow periods. Once we are in a busy season and have run out of our pre-made stock we then have to build to order. Having the parent BOM pull first from pre-made stock would be very helpful.

1 person likes this
  • Agreed. I just rebuilt my whole inventory system to use more sub-assemblies to help with exactly the same issue as Michael. I had assumed that Dear would use up a subassembly if it was available, and auto-assemble if it wasn't already built. Several of our products have 8 layers of subassemblies, so I now either have to undo everything I've done, or be sure to manually build all the smaller parts in Dear and turn off auto-assembly for everything.

This feature is essential considering how cumbersome the assembly process is in Dear, especially when there are multiple assemblies going together.

• Agree again. We did a video explainer of this as well as the Integrations now have this, and Assembly is the last area not to. We previously had some issues whereby eCommerce sales were creating auto assemblies even when there was already stock in the system. This was wonderfully improved with a recent release, and the option in the Shopify Integration called 'Process Auto-Assembly' However, I've spotted there's still one area where this occurs, which is in Assemblies. If you have a product inside an assembly, which can itself auto-assemble, then the system doesn't 'see' the stock of this. In other words, it ignores the component item you have stock of, and shows only the raw ingredients of that component. I've done a full video explainer and example here. https://www.loom.com/share/9b56dc1fab814cd1979ccef87c0188aa
Login or Signup to post a comment

6 people like this idea