search-icon
  • Hi Jennifer,

Actually this has already been implemented. You can enable this option on the B2B portal setup page.

• Thanks, I thought it seemed familiar but I couldn't find it (I found it now).  It wasn't completely clear from the name what it was.  

• can someone at Dear please explain why notifications is a $10 add-on for every user licence?

• Its $50 for the notifications module its not user based

• I have looked at it and it is at this stage a little immature. As an example, it sends a notification to the default contact for the company when the sales order is converted from a quote. Why is there no option to send it to the person who the actual quote is made out to and ordering?

3 people like this
  • So the notification module is more expensive than a single user licence for the complete software package?  How is that justified?

• Hi Nigel,

You must be one of the lucky ones that's still on a very old ($50 plan) when B2B didn't exist. These plans are non existent now and base package starts at $199/USD per month with B2B not included in base package costing an additional $50. So you are currently getting B2B for free.   

We grandfather old packages so new pricing does not apply to existing customers.

Notifications module was developed recently and was not available back when we were offering the $50 base packages which you are currently on I assume.

1 person likes this
  • OMG, had no idea the price has risen so - I believe we were one of the first companies to use Dear in the UK, and at the time there wasn't much help around which is why I asked Ian Gibb of RYBO to help me implement Dear just about three years ago.... best not to cancel my subscription then!!
    I currently get a discount (due to the above...) would this discount be applicable to 'notifications'?  ; -)

• We're currently paying $175/month and still have to pay $50 for the Notifications module which I found very disappointing. $50 per month for the base plan is a great deal and something to hold onto Nigel.

I agree with Jonathan Kropf that the functionality is immature. It doesn't seem to be able to fulfill some of our basic use cases:

1. Notify account manager when B2B order is received
    2. Send invoice to B2B user when order is placed but not paid immediately
    3. Notify account manager when B2B order is paid
    4. Send invoice to B2B user when order is paid
    5. Notify inventory manager when low stock threshold is reached (not on every stock movement which it looks like it does right now)

DEAR Staff, can you please tell me if I'm going to be able to achieve these things with the Notifications module? 

1 person likes this
  • Hi Phoebe & Jonathan,

Please note this was the initial release and we will defiantly be adding extra functionality to notifications module this year based on user suggestions.

I have created a separate topic for this called Notifications Module and have copied your suggestions there.

If you come up with any other suggestions please feel free to post them there and we will update the topic later this year with all planned enhancements. 

1 person likes this
  • It's great that the MOQ per SKU feature has been implemented, but when the customer adds items to the cart the default qty should actually be the MOQ per SKU that has been set. 

Currently the default qty for all items is 1, so when the the user goes to check out they have to make the necessary changes to meet the MOQ. Why not make it more usable and default to the MOQ instead? Saves time for the user and increases order value for the supplier, a win-win situation. 

Like this idea and let's get this implemented!

1 person likes this
  • PORTAL COPYRIGHT AND FAVICON SHOULD BE CUSTOMISABLE

I have just successfully fought my way through the process to generate the .PFX file required to point a Custom Domain Name to our Portal. It is now "portal.ourbusiness.com.au" instead of "ourbusiness.dearportal.com".

COPYRIGHT: The page is displaying my brand assets and information is underwritten — though still shows "2018 © DEAR SYSTEMS LTD. ALL Rights Reserved." This should be customisable to our business name.

FAVICON: Also, the favicon (small icon shown on the browser tab) should now display my business favicon—to ensure customers know they have not strayed away from our business website.

DESIRED OUTCOME: These two areas should be customisable, subsequent to a successful Custom Domain Name

2 people like this
  • Ross, can you share how you got the .pfx file? Thanks

2 people like this
  • Yes please share because it doesn't seem possible without setting up a Windows server. The best guess I had was to generate one in another format and then use a converter that I found online but not sure yet if it would work.

1 person likes this
  • Mark, you don't need to set up a Windows server, the .pfx file is required only to prove to the DEAR Windows server that your domain is secure.

I spent the better part of three weeks negotiating my way through the process,

You need to request a copy of your SSL certificate files from the issuer of your SSL certificate.
    I had to then source a PC to run the openSSL software (as we are Mac based, and generating the Mac .p12 version was a dead-end),
    I then used this software to combine the files into a .PFX file.

Good luck!

Login or Signup to post a comment

29 people like this idea