search-icon

Recurring Purchase Orders

started a topic almost 8 years ago

We'd love to have the ability to have the system create recurring POs for items we regularly reorder. 

For each supplier, we could 'favourite' a list of items that 'MUST NOT BE OUT OF STOCK' and have Dear, using prefilled data in supplier contact info etc, create a PO and fire it off to the supplier. 

Even better would be a connection with demand planning software, so as the system learned what was and is  popular, it created POs intelligently - again with the oversight of the user having added these items to a list of products that are ok to reorder. 

Dear could even suggested additions to this list 'hey dear user, product xxx is hot right now and you only have stock based on current sales for x more days, would you like to add it to your supplier x recurring product list?

In many ways, this could save hours of time, reduce unwanted inventory and streamline processes. 

Pete

8 people like this idea
  • It would good to least have Recurring Purchases and Sales (already deployed) be aligned between the two modules in DEAR.

In many cases we have have had a number of DEAR customers that have annual blanket orders agreed.  It would be great if recurring or cloned orders can come from a master order.  E.g. I have product called Coconut Creme and committed purchase order for 24,000 units per year.  This creates a PO each month for 2,000 units per month.  I may choose to update the quantities of those monthly orders which reflect back into the "master" purchase order.

Greg Kelly

Coconut Consulting

DEAR Expert Partners

Melbourne, Australia

1 person likes this
  • I agree, I would love to have this feature as well.

We need to create recurrent PO to re-load our Consignment items (we are a zero-waste grocery that sells goods with consigned jars). 

Since we can't enter a negative quantity on the Sales Order when the clients are bringing back consigned jars, we created a work around where each jar model has an inventory counterpart for returns. This way, we can credit our clients when they bring back their jars.

On the other hand, we need to systematically, daily, enter a PO to replenish both our stock of Jars and our stock of returned jars. 

If we could have a recurring PO to do that, that would be amazing.

Also, if we could enter negative quantity on selected items on SO's , that would be amazing as well... we wouldn't have to use a long-twisted road.

thanks

Pierre

Regenerative Supply Chain Designer

Comptoir Saint-Vrac

Login or Signup to post a comment

8 people like this idea