search-icon

Facing many problems...

started a topic over 8 years ago

I would like to let you know about some things we lack in the system in order to improvement it and suit our needs:

1) We cannot give access to the sales reps to the average cost. However they need to have access to the product's files/card so they can see some information about the item (except for the average cost) - how can we work on that? If it is not possible to hide the average cost from the product card, where can we add some information about each product so they can check it? They need to see the prices (they are sales reps), but not the average cost!!!!

2) Have a feature where we can see all our Unprocessed orders only (by sales rep) without having all our quotes & the complete invoices on Screen (not in the reports, because the sales reps cannot have access to the reports);

3) Be able to give raise a picking list when we don’t have the goods available in the warehouse so they know what we are buying and waiting for;

4) Be able to work out how much we have invoiced in one month without showing all our completed invoices from the previous month (outside the reports; the sales reps do not have access to the reports);

5) Be able to see on one screen all the orders (by sales rep) that we have entered into the system that have not been invoiced . On that same screen the orders that have deposits against them if not an amount of zero, so Total amount of Invoice and Deposit. Also a notes where we can reference if they are indent orders or not for example;

6) Is there a way that when we filter and log of and on the filter stays active, so we don’t have to go through the process of filtering again?

7) We need to be able to add total up sales that have been invoiced for a certain period etc in order to do reports or track our budgets (outside the reports);

8) Be able to filter by sales reps in the " Sales view all";

9) Be able to type the date on the "pick list" stage, because the pick list does not happen on the same date as the proforma, invoice or ship ones.

We are trying to marry up the program to suit our needs. Hope you can help us - please. Our Director is not happy with the system at all...specially with the reports it provides!

7 people like this idea
  • Hello DearSystems.

Yes, we would need these points also for our requirements.

1) Yes. Strongly agreed!

8) Yes.

• Hello Dear Systems,

Totally agree on point 1 about the average cost under the pricing tab. Our sale reps do not need to see the average cost price, just the sale price. If you hide the price tab then they won't be able to see the pricing of the products. You need to either have option to hide the average cost only on the price tab or move the cost price to the suppliers tab (as sale staff don't need to see the suppliers info & purchasing price, so we can hide it from them).

• Hello,

Agree on above. It doesn't make sense for all sales staff to see the cost. If we lock them from seeing the tab they cannot see the product descriptions and the selling prices and won't be able to do their job. The average cost has no thing to do with prices and it should be under the suppliers tab.

• Hello everyone,

1) We cannot give access to the sales reps to the average cost. However they need to have access to the product's files/card so they can see some information about the item (except for the average cost) - how can we work on that? If it is not possible to hide the average cost from the product card, where can we add some information about each product so they can check it? They need to see the prices (they are sales reps), but not the average cost!!!!

Currently this is not a feature that can be added as it is not upvoted by many customers. If it is, we will add this to our roadmap and get it implemented.

2) Have a feature where we can see all our Unprocessed orders only (by sales rep) without having all our quotes & the complete invoices on Screen (not in the reports, because the sales reps cannot have access to the reports).

The sale reports in DEAR gives you the flexibility of moving around/removing columns and filtering to get the result that you desire. If you need more clarification on this, please raise a ticket with support@dearsystems.com and one of our agents will help you out.

3) Be able to give raise a picking list when we don’t have the goods available in the warehouse so they know what we are buying and waiting for. This can be done simply clicking the auto-pick button in the pick tab >> save >> and then print. This way the picklist will contain the products even though there are no products actually picked.

4) Be able to work out how much we have invoiced in one month without showing all our completed invoices from the previous month (outside the reports; the sales reps do not have access to the reports).

Please refer to the sale order details report for this. Unfortunately, the sale rep permission is not available.

5) Be able to see on one screen all the orders (by sales rep) that we have entered into the system that have not been invoiced . On that same screen the orders that have deposits against them if not an amount of zero, so Total amount of Invoice and Deposit. Also a notes where we can reference if they are indent orders or not for example.

Please check the customer payments details reports for this.

6) Is there a way that when we filter and log of and on the filter stays active, so we don’t have to go through the process of filtering again?
    Yes, this is possible using Custom filtering option in reports and this can be saved to each report layout too.

7) We need to be able to add total up sales that have been invoiced for a certain period etc in order to do reports or track our budgets (outside the reports);
    All sale reports have a total at the end of it.

8) Be able to filter by sales reps in the " Sales view all";
    You can simply search by the sale reps name and all sales under the relevant sale reps name will show up.

9) Be able to type the date on the "pick list" stage, because the pick list does not happen on the same date as the proforma, invoice or ship ones. By default, the system records the date you picked.

• Got a reply after 6 years from dear team? Many has been asking to hide or place permissions on average cost on pricing screen. I answered was because no enough votes? If you have been looking all other feature requests, then you will noticed this feature had been requested many time (and more importantly it makes SENSE)
  • Hi Hein,

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward this to the team.

• Hi All, 

I have been having great issues where I cannot see what customers owe me on my debtor's acc. 

I have a few clients I cannot see what is outstanding and it's very concerning as I have a substantial amount of clients I have given stock too and allocated it to their account and processed the sale with an invoice to prove it. I created the customer account on the POS not in the inventory system. 

I find it odd that I cannot see what my clients are outstanding in POS or Inventory… How am I meant to debt collect…. 

Below you will find an example of just one client. I've been asking for assistance all over DEAR and everyone says they will send it to technical support but nothing ever happens. I need this fixed. I am about to go out of business just because Dear system is not doing a basic accounting step. 

I AM LOST AT WHO TO TALK TO IN DEAR…. I have also outsourced a dear support center in Cape Town and they can’t even get the necessary assistance from you. 

I do hope you can assist me with extreme urgency. 
  • Hi Donovan,

Have you checked the sale statements in the customer lists page?

https://inventory.dearsystems.com/CustomerList#all

Yohan Andrado Antonio | DEAR Systems Support
    Schedule a 30-minute Support call
    You may also contact us via WhatsApp +44 1244 940807Continue learning with DEAR Academy
    Have a question about DEAR? Ask the Community - Post here and a community member will be happy to help you.

Login or Signup to post a comment

7 people like this idea