search-icon

Implemented
Zapier Integration

started a topic over 8 years ago

I hear you are planning an integration with Zapier (as detailed on a suggestion on DEAR's old support site).

Can you please confirm if this is indeed the case?

Also, can you please provide an approximate delivery date for this integration?

thanks,
Ed

34 people like this idea
  • If a quote is authorized, create this as a deal in Pipedrive (could this deal then be updated to closed if quote converts to invoice?)

Both will be able to be achieved if no features are removed from current beta. 

If an invoice is authorized, add this as a note in Pipedrive with order details

Achievable if no features are removed from current beta.

If a customer is added to DEAR, add this person as a contact in Mailchimp

Achievable if no features are removed from current beta.

If an invoice is authorised, create/update Mailchimp that this person has purchased and is now a customer (we currently have a disconnect between our shopify customers and dear directly entered customers which makes segmented mail campaigns to the full db hard)

Achievable if MailChimp has applicable zap actions available and no features are removed from current beta in DEAR.

Pass the DEAR "customer url" through to application of choice

I am unaware exactly what you are referring to as the "Customer URL"? Are you talking about the integration with a payment gateway that allows the customer to pay an invoice and being able to provide that URL? 

Pass the DEAR "invoice/quote/sales order url" through to application of choice

There would have to be a trigger as in something related to the sale being authorized or something happening to pass this along but this should be something achievable regardless if the beta changes or not. 

Pass authorized invoices through to google spreadsheet, google spreadsheet passes invoice total through to IFTTT, IFTTT triggers a light sequence Nanoleaf light panels. Small orders under $300 = Green, Medium orders up to $600 = Orange and orders over $600 create a fiery red eruption of colours. ;) - i have set this one  I already direct from Xero > Zapier but DEAR would be good too as it would work realtime on invoice approval rather than sync. Not overly productive but a bit of fun.  

Fun or not this is the little things that keep employees motivated! I love the idea and yes, you will be able to achieve this if the current beta does not lose any features!

I would love to hear how others are planning to use this as well. It will really help improve the beta version before the release. 

1 person likes this
  • Cheers Joshua, 

Great to hear that most of my wishlist is achievable. 

The customer link would be somethink like : https://inventory.dearsystems.com/Customer#7d871be5-874c-4af0-8c5e-9196992fce9c that allows you to link through to that DEAR customer account from an external source like a CRM.  

• Hi All,

We are currently in Invite Only mode for the zappier integration. Please see the following documentation where you can find the Invite Link to start using Zappier with DEAR. 

http://support.dearsystems.com/solution/articles/11000049676-connecting-zappier  

Thank you

1 person likes this
  • Hi All,

Any feedback in regards to previous post? 

We need 10 active accounts linked to get out of beta stage and could you please all perform below actions/triggers at least once on your accounts when you do connect:

We cant move forward with this until above is done so if there's not much action from you guys this will just go back into stand still for a while.

Cheers

• I see two Dear connectors in Zapier.  Which one am I meant to be testing?  Thanks.  

• Hi Michael,

Could you please take a screenshot and post it here of the 2 you are seeing.

Cheers

• Do I need to purchase the notifications module to make this work?

• Dear Mike

Here is the screen grab from Zapier.

Thanks.

• Hi David,

You will need to purchase Notifications Module & DEAR API to connect Zappier.

Thanks

• Hi Michael,

Please use the below option:

• Hi there,

Ive already submitted a ticket, however thought I would also post here in case someone can help me:

When I am in Zapier creating a trigger for when a Sales Invoice is authorised in DEAR, the fields that I am having available to me are only the "Event Type" and "Sale ID" -https://d.pr/i/tMgQs1

How can I get access to the fields from the order like Customer Name, Email, etc that is available when I set up a trigger in Zapier for a New Customer?

• Hi Thomas,

After getting the saleID from trigger, in Zapier you can execute search on sale endpoint to get full sale info (this is also created in Zapier by us). So you need to chain 2 steps. Trigger then search.

We have also added some additional new fields to sale trigger (Note: will be available after weekend update) "CustomerContactName", "CustomerName", "CustomerContactEmail" and ability to use sale search (by id) if you want to use any additional fields.

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for that.

When I do that in Zapier - I now get a different error message when Im trying to test the step in the "Find Sale" (Search ) part. -- It says 

"Bargle. We hit an error searching for a salesearch. Error: 

responseArray.forEach is not a function. This is likely a problem with the app.

See here - 
     https://d.pr/i/G1URie 

Is this something DEAR fixes or Zapier?

• Hi Thomas,

I could not gain access to the screenshot, are you able to please email it through into support@dearsystems.com as an attachment?

The link shows 404 error

• Hi Mike,

Ive attached it as a screenshot here 

Login or Signup to post a comment

34 people like this idea