search-icon

Implemented
Auto-sync Xero

started a topic over 8 years ago

Currently Xero sync is manual. Suggest options to auto-sync when data changes or periodically (less preferred). Running a large business, the quantity of Xero sync items adds up quickly, and it's difficult for bookkeepers and accountants to know when the Xero data is up to date without also giving them user access to DEAR and remembering to manually sync Xero before they send invoices and follow-up with customers.

14 people like this idea
  • Yes, please make syncing automatic. I was surprised to find that it wasn't.

1 person likes this
  • Please, I would love this feature.  Even if it's just once a day.  I need to be able to keep my accounting accurate.  Then I know if I go on vacation or get sick we can keep the business going.

1 person likes this
  • Yes this would definite be a definite plus! Any progress on this happening?

Thanks

Gail

• This is a critical must have feature. The whole point of cloud computing and integration is to avoid manual data entry.

2 people like this
  • If this is implemented - please allow the option for automatic Xero sync to be turned on or off.

There are some DEAR customers who would still benefit from a manual sync to Xero - particularly in cases where there is partial or full payment against an invoice. Once an invoice with a payment is synced to Xero, and the invoice is then amended in DEAR (usually customers adding/removing items from their invoice), this causes a sync error with Xero where the invoice is not able to be modified due to having payments marked against it.

1 person likes this
  • For me, the syncing should be tied to accounting activities, IE Authorizing an Invoice (Purchase or sales) and Undoing an Invoice (There is a separate feature request for Invoice Undo so please vote!).  I think if it was automatically done at these points, it would keep the sync relatively small and any errors that come about should be able to be addressed in a timely manner.

• Real time sync of invoice activities would not be good for our business. Maybe you could make it an optional setting. Sometimes we have to undo orders because a customer changes their mind or we do more to customize their original order. Once a day would be fine for us If it can be set to run at a specific time in our time zone.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment

14 people like this idea